Deadlifts are the GOAT exercise

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Mostly a programming issue. If you have a consistent program then 25 reps at a relative heavy weight isn't ideal. Form is going to break which could lead to injury. Secondly, combined with an intense set of programming on other body parts your CNS won't like it.

That said the thought (from what I gather) is based on use the DL as a heavy power movement. A lot of people don't approach it as such so a different approach works for them.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mostly a programming issue. If you have a consistent program then 25 reps at a relative heavy weight isn't ideal. Form is going to break which could lead to injury. Secondly, combined with an intense set of programming on other body parts your CNS won't like it.

That said the thought (from what I gather) is based on use the DL as a heavy power movement. A lot of people don't approach it as such so a different approach works for them.

shyt you'd hate the 10 rounds of 5 x 225 deadlifts for time workout

I think the Deadlift can be utilized in conditioning as well as strength....Same with the squat and the many variations of each exercise.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
shyt you'd hate the 10 rounds of 5 x 225 deadlifts for time workout

I think the Deadlift can be utilized in conditioning as well as strength....Same with the squat and the many variations of each exercise.
How much time?:lolbron:

I'm not saying it can't but with a lot of advice you are going to see relative to when you don't go above certain rep ranges is the power approach. The caution point is inexperienced lifters. I can't in good faith suggest Deads for reps to them.

Deads for reps just seems ripe for fukkery. But I'm of the mind set that weight should generally be increasing. I'm to not very strong but reps at 225 isn't going to activate much for me.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How much time?:lolbron:

I'm not saying it can't but when a lot of advice you are going to see relative to when you don't go above certain rep ranges is the power approach. The caution point is inexperienced lifters. I can't in good fair suggest Deads for reps to them.

Deads for reps just seems ripe for fukkery. But I'm of the mind set that weight should generally be increasing. I'm to not very strong but reps at 225 isn't going to activate much for me.

exactly thats why I say it's more so for conditioning...I dibble and dabble in a little bit of the crossfit just a small bit...I really believe that no matter what the main ingredient is just to get active and do something and everything else just comes down to personal preference dude/bro science and historical trends.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
exactly thats why I say it's more so for conditioning...I dibble and dabble in a little bit of the crossfit just a small bit...I really believe that no matter what the main ingredient is just to get active and do something and everything else just comes down to personal preference dude/bro science and historical trends.

Indeed but Deads can be so technical I don't see the point. That said I'm older so injury prevention is key for me. I have safer ways to condition.

As long as it's working for the individual it's all good.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Indeed but Deads can be so technical I don't see the point. That said I'm older so injury prevention is key for me. I have safer ways to condition.

As long as it's working for the individual it's all good.

shyt I'm 35 so I aint young either :sadbron: I've just tried so many different programs and workouts that I found that some odd variations are what works best...I do however especially when I'm bulking do low rep compound lifts for increased strength.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
shyt I'm 35 so I aint young either :sadbron: I've just tried so many different programs and workouts that I found that some odd variations are what works best...I do however especially when I'm bulking do low rep compound lifts for increased strength.
Try 39 going on 40 soon :francis: