delete

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So I do this Sunday school class with teens and since it's Mother Day, I decided to do "All I Got". Anyway, they never heard of him, but they did hear about the Wu. I tried to school them on Drake's influence by them (i.e. Pound Cake). Gave them the lyrics from Genius and played the video. I'm thinking they would appreciate the struggle but it wasn't the case.

First thing they started to do was go in on his fam. "Why would his mama have him beg for food? If anything she should be begging!! Why they sharing the same spoon? That's nasty. I would just got a spork from school. Getting a newspaper instead of toilet paper. That's dumb! I would just steal some before I did that. Why live in an apartment with all those people. Why are they eating food like that. With all those kids you should plenty of food stamps. Plus you got 2 kids with disabilites, that's even more money. Why are those people staying in one place?. Just get section 8. This would never happen in Detroit. If anything, we would be selling drugs or doing a B &E before accept living like this. All those people in the house somebody should be working. That make no sense for people to be broke"

At the end of our discussion, I tried to get them see how the father leaving had a big impact but overall they just wasn't buying it. They didn't fault Ghost, but his mama for putting her kids in that situation and not trying hard enough. I was totally caught off guard but gave me good insight on how they think. I thinking this would be a good video to appreciate mothers but they didn't see it that way