Dividend Stocks

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im just now getting into the stock game. Looking for long term returns, and eventually want to put about 7k a year towards a portfolio.

I got he robinhood app, and i bout a few shares of 3 companies but how do i know which stocks pay dividends? I know its usually mature/more established companies, but is there a master list somewhere online?

Also what ratio are yall using for more secure investments (ETFS, mutual funds) vs more high risk investments like stocks. I heard 90/10 but tbh this shii is addicting.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Dividend stocks are the better option over growth stocks I feel. As long as you have shares in your portfolio you'll be getting paid. You don't have to stress too much on market swings and watch your portfolio as closely. I checked on the dividend histories of a few big companies - Amazon and Facebook don't pay out. Microsoft with steady and increasing payouts over the years, one quarter paying 3 bucks a share.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Dividend stocks are essentially all I invest in (in my "active" investments that is, not including retirement accounts of course). I need that income coming in. I'm not just looking to increase my net worth through stock price increase, but also through steady dividend income.

Check out Dividend.com - a lot of good info even with the free account.

LuvKaya

Pro
Daps
I had 187 in my investment account from dividends... I bought 3 weed companies stock.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Dividend stocks are the better option over growth stocks I feel. As long as you have shares in your portfolio you'll be getting paid. You don't have to stress too much on market swings and watch your portfolio as closely. I checked on the dividend histories of a few big companies - Amazon and Facebook don't pay out. Microsoft with steady and increasing payouts over the years, one quarter paying 3 bucks a share.

Most of the big, trendy tech companies don’t pay dividends.

They reinvest that money into R&D.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
i use to own a lot of dividend stocks but the stock market is doing so well that i think i would have made more money investing in tech stocks and big name stocks

i decided to go 50 50

MORL is my hands down favorite dividend stock, i also hold CEFL, CLM

i sold my BGH, PSEC to buy amazon and NFLX but everything i mentioned pays 10% or more

also check out this guys article if you are into dividends Fredrik Arnold's Articles | Seeking Alpha