DJIA is on the verge of breaking 20,000

Nate Dawg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Needless to say, stock prices are soaring, and not necessarily backed by strong earnings as of late, though it seems strong employment reports are contributing to the rise.

Question: Do you think this insane bull market is backed by fundamentals? Or is this another case of 'recession incoming' given the rate in which prices have soared over the years?

无名的

Superstar
Daps
It's probably going to be a bad 4 to 8 years. Market moved up with Trump after fantasizing over a deregulated environment, but at the end of the day, he's a loose cannon and if he operates as such, the volatility will be a mess, coupled with this market being artificially inflated for years whether it's the Fed playing with interest rates or bullshyt jobs numbers. I've also been waiting for China's debt bubble to explode.

Daps
Needless to say, stock prices are soaring, and not necessarily backed by strong earnings as of late, though it seems strong employment reports are contributing to the rise.

Question: Do you think this insane bull market is backed by fundamentals? Or is this another case of 'recession incoming' given the rate in which prices have soared over the years?

I say ride the wave to collect the money.

Have a complete trading program with a strong risk management component.

Always build your dry powder fund, of course.

A correction is about due, however. The US economy seems to suffer a major correction about once every 10 years.

10 year cycles would be appropriate, in my opinion, for designing your personal finances around.

Daps
It's probably going to be a bad 4 to 8 years. Market moved up with Trump after fantasizing over a deregulated environment, but at the end of the day, he's a loose cannon and if he operates as such, the volatility will be a mess, coupled with this market being artificially inflated for years whether it's the Fed playing with interest rates or bullshyt jobs numbers. I've also been waiting for China's debt bubble to explode.

To me, volatility is an opportunity for profit.

Bubbles are opportunities to sell.
Busts are opportunities to buy.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
liquidated everything except some blue chips and my sep and will continue to add to them

whatever happens happens

:manny:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
trump taking that shyt to new heights :wow:

but that shyt will eventually come crashing down :wow:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
To me, volatility is an opportunity for profit.

Bubbles are opportunities to sell.
Busts are opportunities to buy.

I agree, but the problem is you usually don't know where the top or bottom is... I thought the S&P topping out at 2120 for a long period of time was the top and cashed out for the most part. I felt vindicated when Trump got elected and it dumped below 2000, but it's at 2276 now.

:yeshrug:

Daps
I agree, but the problem is you usually don't know where the top or bottom is... I thought the S&P topping out at 2120 for a long period of time was the top and cashed out for the most part. I felt vindicated when Trump got elected and it dumped below 2000, but it's at 2276 now.

:yeshrug:

I tend to seek trends (and cycles) rather than tops and bottoms.

Tops and bottoms are part of a strategy for technical analysis.