Do Fat Gripz Work?

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been hearing about these for a while now and Phil Heath and Simeon Panda been pubbing them a lot lately. Is there a true benefit for any other muscle area other than forearms? I wanna cop some, but didn't want to get suckered into paying upwards of $30 for some hippie shyt just for my forearms. Please advise.....thanks.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fat Gripz are cool but they seem unnecessary when Heavy Farmer Walks will do the trick for forearms IMO

That's what I was thinking, but I've seen people put them on the bar for benching and shoulder press. Is there some other benefit except the forearms? Cause if not , then I'll stick with Farmer Walks.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
That's what I was thinking, but I've seen people put them on the bar for benching and shoulder press. Is there some other benefit except the forearms? Cause if not , then I'll stick with Farmer Walks.

If your grip in general is an issue (deadlifts, pulling motions) they'd help I think but even that kinda gets addressed with the walks

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know anything about fat gripz, but I just started using a big tree branch to do pull ups instead of the regular bar. I don't think my forearms have ever been this brolic :wow:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
They work, and they aren't just for working forearms. I've never used them, but I've made a makeshift Fat Gripz for myself. It helps on bicep day because it hones in more on working the actual bicep. Idk...maybe someone else can explain it better.

Anyway, to make the makeshift Fat Gripz, I just double up on these:

k2-_ae7766eb-fcbb-47f9-807b-eb8bcda6a391.v1.jpg

on this machine:

Straight_Arm_Pulldown-1-300x200.png

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
just use two small rags or something similar instead of spending money on this

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
I like them for the simple face that they make your workout that much more difficult, I don't use them on heavy farmers walk, or deadlift cause its too much weight and i'm not gonna strain myself. But doing curls, and bench and shoulder workouts plus some back workouts with them really changes things up. I got "grip4orce" and first and i loved them, then i got the big fat gripz and i switch it up, I use them at home when i do my pull-ups too, I got them for the challenge, I've always had big forearms

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
I like them for the simple face that they make your workout that much more difficult, I don't use them on heavy farmers walk, or deadlift cause its too much weight and i'm not gonna strain myself. But doing curls, and bench and shoulder workouts plus some back workouts with them really changes things up. I got "grip4orce" and first and i loved them, then i got the big fat gripz and i switch it up, I use them at home when i do my pull-ups too, I got them for the challenge, I've always had big forearms