Do Wrestling Fans Who Missed Bryan's Rise Understand Why He's Popular?

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I can see that

I enjoyed his heel run better I think him and AJ were really fun and maybe should of kept them togethere longer

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I was talking to a few friends who for the most part started watching wrestling again last year or when The Rock returned. Now I couldn't help but notice that during the conversation they didn't really understand why Daniel Bryan was popular besides him being an underdog. They even thought him beating a rusty Triple H was unrealistic.

Then it hit me that most people that didn't follow him on the indies or even his rise on Smackdown don't understand. I'm probably wrong and this is just the case of having casual fans as friends but I wanted see what TSC thought on the matter.

I've just in the past month or so started to get it, but still I don't see it 100%, but to me, there's no denying the guy is over, but I'm just assuming that what he did before I started watching a few years ago helped him connect with that audience

I actually made a thread when I first started watching again about a year ago addressing Bryan and Cena and all of these dudes now

Just Started Watching WWE Again After 12, 13 Years

my boys dad is an amputee in a wheelchair and thinks he can take Daniel Bryan lol

the avg fan just doenst believe it unless they see his actual work out there

i always felt like that about CM Punk...i always saw his wack matches or moments and thought he was a trash ass short order cook

I never fully got Punk either. He's another one I just assume got over when I wasn't watching.

Haven't watched wrestling since 2002 and i'm shocked how popular he is.

In the attitude era Bryan wouldnt't have even sniffed the main event scene

Austin, Rock, Kang, Taker, Angle, Kane, Foley, Show....

Smarks should be happy he got his WM main event last year

That's exactly what I said about all of these dudes when I made the thread like this last year.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Short, puts on great matches, loses a lot, likable personality, goofy midcard tag team run, and looks like a GOAT....That's why he's over

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Its part his chant was infectious
Part of the work snd underdog status in wwe
It was a part of his work rate before he became wwe champion and his hilarious comedy roles as the vegan whc and tag champ with kane

His indie work is part as well but the other examples above are why he crossed over

He needs a radical change now though. Hes gonna get a wwe world title shot in the summer more than likely but after that he needs to evovle or devovle because i know yall cant fathom it but the flying goat yes yes yes kid is gonna become stale soon

NO MAN PLEASE!!!:what: We cant have another "Dry Champ by EXTREME RULES... no wait... PAYBACK... no wait... MONEY IN THE BANK.... no gotta be... BATTLEGROUND... please let it be... SUMMERSLAM... oh god I'm begging you... NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS" summer again.:scust:

We went through that last year..... we need to do something different this year.... let Rollins, Ambrose and Bray come up. Introduce some of the Big 5 of NXT breakout (DBry can get them over via jobs :sas2:).

Just cuz he was champ once doesnt mean he needs the title again.... word to Miz, Dolph, Swagger, and Khali:skip:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Dude put on classic matches throughout the indies and overseas for about 10 years so he pretty much had a huge buzz with all the hardcore fans. Then they had him lose to Sheamus in 18 seconds at WrestleMania 28 after an entertaining reign. From that moment the fans rebelled and everyone else just followed along. That's the cliff notes of his popularity.

I just assumed most fans could see themselves in him because of his size
Punk was never as over as Bryan.. Especially not then. Ratings were abysmal during the Summer of Punk.

As for booking, Punk should have went over HHH but it never would have made a difference because Punk's character was too limited. His whole character was predicated on being the guy that cuts shoot promos. There's no shelf life in that.

Bryan > Punk

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
That's TNADUBB from sohh. Said Kaval would have a more successful WWE career than D-Bry
zCJm1O0.png

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
DB like a 5 time world champ breh. :comeon: :ufdup:

And your user name is after the dude. :beli:

Name is after Bryan Danielson the American Dragon.... not Daniel Bryan the GoatFace :yeshrug:

That's TNADUBB from sohh. Said Kaval would have a more successful WWE career than D-Bry

Na... not true.... but nice try..... again.... this has been disputed time after time over the last few years and proven false... time to move on like others sir. :francis:

:mjlol:

No wonder his posts are always ass

Ass is a common level here on TSC... so I guess on par with 90% of this group. But side not... is being a so called "great poster" really all that good of a thing? I mean seriously, wouldnt that mean that cats aint working, have no lives, no drive, no career, and the highlight of them is "they post well on the internet"? shyt reminds me of the young kids that be BEAST in Madden but can mulitiply/divide fractions:mjlol:

:wtb:

Enjoy Wrestlemania brehs!:salute: