Do you use Speakers or Ear/Headphones when making a Beat?

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
I, for the majority of my music-creating existence, have lived in highly-populated urban areas. As such, to be a considerate neighbor sharing living space with others, have resigned to good headphones.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Headphones. Use speakers when I do final mix or alternate between the 2.

I had to get some music to the club and it helped immensely to be able to mix on some good monitors.

I use headphones with a balanced sound so they don't color the music too much and then test it out on regular buds and laptop speakers. My music rarely gets to that final mix though most my beats are unfinished lol

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I think both speakers and headphones are important to make really good mixes. Beats can sound very different on different systems.
You need both to check what it really sounds like. Get a good pair of Monitors for the budget you got. And get a really good headphone.
My problem is i live in an apartment, so i can't blast loud music cause i would get trouble with the neighbours. Might need to isolate my room but they will still hear some of it i'm sure.
I used to always check my mixes in the car cause my father had a car with really good speakers back in the day.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
I even remember once i had a beat who was knocking really hard through stereo speakers (you need studio monitors for this but i'm really broke)
But when i blasted it in the car the kick didn't bump at all.
You really need monitors as well as good heaphones to make the best mixes. those 2 will give you the right idea i believe.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
recently been using iphone earphone as my headphones broke in the right ear

shyt is kind of fun, the quality sounds super lo fi but the if you're good at leveling your sounds:whoo:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
recently been using iphone earphone as my headphones broke in the right ear

shyt is kind of fun, the quality sounds super lo fi but the if you're good at leveling your sounds:whoo: