Doesn't the clinch make boxing just as much MMA as any UFC event?

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I never understood why people say boxers have to focus on one thing when the clinch is all leverage, position, and angles. Fighting out of the clinch is pretty technical IMHO. Speak on it.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I never understood why people say boxers have to focus on one thing when the clinch is all leverage, position, and angles. Fighting out of the clinch is pretty technical IMHO. Speak on it.

that's relative

compared to having to know kicking, elbowing, kneeing, grappling, wrestling boxers really have to concentrate on one thing
but of course it's not that one dimensional cause boxers have to know many aspects of their own game as good as possible, clinching (inside fighting) included

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
that's relative

compared to having to know kicking, elbowing, kneeing, grappling, wrestling boxers really have to concentrate on one thing
but of course it's not that one dimensional cause boxers have to know many aspects of their own game as good as possible, clinching (inside fighting) included

Clinching in and of itself is an art form

And you can see the clinch in other martial arts such as Muay Thai and Judo

Granted there are no submissions in boxing but the clinch in and of itself I believe to be another martial art, it's not about strength, it's about leverage, positioning, balance, etc. You can be a crappy boxer but still win with excellent clinching techniques. All I'm trying to say is there is a lot more to boxing than just throwing a punch, it's more MMA than one singular art IMHO.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Clinching in and of itself is an art form

And you can see the clinch in other martial arts such as Muay Thai and Judo

Granted there are no submissions in boxing but the clinch in and of itself I believe to be another martial art, it's not about strength, it's about leverage, positioning, balance, etc. You can be a crappy boxer but still win with excellent clinching techniques. All I'm trying to say is there is a lot more to boxing than just throwing a punch, it's more MMA than one singular art IMHO.

I agree I didn't claim otherwise