DonKnock's Don't Doubt Yoga Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm at the point now where I HAVE to do yoga for my own survival. My lower back has been killing me of late and the only thing that keeps the pain away is consistent yoga.

I've tried chiropractors and other shortcuts but it keeps coming back to yoga and flexibility. Sitting a desk all day is the worst.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just started. I have zero flexibility :mjcry:

Most of us did when we started:yeshrug:

The benefits start immediately though, you don't have to be gymnast or dancer tier flexible before you start feeling the positives that come with this.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yoga pretty much singlehandedly fixed up my lower back pain from sleeping all contorted ways and sitting in an office chair all day.

Also helped my sleep since I do it before I lay down.

I fw it:ehh:

You go to a class or do YouTube routines?

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yoga is awesome but i dont believe the myth of stretching after work out. I even read it can worsen recovery due to acid being release during the streteches.

I have my yoga day(s) when i dont work out

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
You go to a class or do YouTube routines?

A little of both. I was going to class a lot up until June when I got in a car wreck and I haven't been back since. I have to leave work early to go during the week and that never goes over well. And on the weekends I just feel like sleeping in so I miss it since it's in the morning. I retained a lot of what I learned so I do my own flows at home sometimes and then check out some of the things I see on Youtube from folks I follow on IG.

It's easier for me to get in a good mindset amongst a class rather than on my own. I still try to get in a quick 15-20 mins of flow before I go to bed most nights.