Donks....Love Hate Thread (Post the Good Bad and the Ugly)

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I've been into cars my whole life. I remember buying Lowrider magazine with my lunch money in middle school just to see the latest rims that came out.

As many of my friends and myself grew up, our taste in cars, music, fashion evolved from only rims and paint to performance and aesthetics, even restoration and investments.

Me being the auto enthusiast, liked to hold on to a little bit of nostalgia nonetheless, and as most car people, always like the classics with a twist to it.. ie. Old schools with modern amenities, audio, wheels/ suspension, engines etc..but we all know how we do.. we like to do it 'big'.

Since the early 2000s... The Donk culture has exploded beyond what I thought would be a temporary epidemic... especially in the Southeast and Midwest.

On one hand... I defend Donk riders because car culture is car culture, and white people that chop tops and chop and channel shyt get all kinds of "wow that's cool" .. but Blacks get shytted on for being unique...

On the other hand... Some of that shyt looks straight up dumb ingant. Side-eye/Facepalm etc.

But that's true for any car trend...

This thread is to walk that line to get an opinion if this Donk life is here to stay...

Exhibit A: Winners.

DONK-DTLA-1001-of-1-2.jpg

donk-5.jpg

Exhibit B: Losers.

car-photo-1983-pontiac-bonneville-donk-captain-crunch.jpg

M+and+M+Jak+Boys+car+(2).jpg

Last edited:

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
A donk is a 71-76 caprice/impala only ...it doesn't have to be on rims or have candy paint to be a donk.