Eastern Conferences playoffs is hella garbage

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
Yeah that was fun. Bulls nearly pulled off the upset too. They nearly eliminated the defending NBA champs :banderas: It was remarkably competitive for a 2ndseed/7thseed playoff series, but the young bulls were on the rise as they took the first seed two seasons later. That 3OT game in game 6 :blessed:

The only reason why that series was close was because Boston didn't have their best big & defensive player Kevin Garnett Who was out

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only reason why that series was close was because Boston didn't have their best big & defensive player Kevin Garnett Who was out

That Boston team was just weird. With a healthy KG they went to 7 with ATL in the first round, then beat the Lakers in the Finals in 6. They damn near pulled off the upset of ORL in the next round themselves. They could get pushed by anybody but they could also push or actually beat anybody.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
We're all just waiting for the Cavs vs Warriors.

They're gonna have a 5+ year run of locking up the finals each year. 15,16,17....

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
We back to the "NBA is not entertaining" convo again...
Its simple... Like I stated last time. The NBA is not real. It is scripted. Other teams besides the ones they made storylines for, will not have a chance. so its gonna be boring. But im sure the celtics and cavs will have a few close games. Cavs have been resting. Celts just came off a game 7. The nba cant not afford to have unentertaining conference finals. The celts jus couldnt hit anything until really the 4th quarter
Glad someone said it. It's all scripted

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Ive had my own cult following of the "NBA is phony" people for years now. This is why it will never be as big as the NFL.
The NBA gained popularity, by modeling itself after another popular "sport" of the time, Professional wrestling. Storylines, heros and villains, rivals, and heel turns were what made the wwf very lucrative. and the NBA used that same model to grow in success.
Bird and Magic's era was the test drive. But the Michael Jordan chicago bulls era was the full blown turn. You had ur hulk hogan hero. Who had to get beat down by the "bad boys" for years, then he finally prevails. Then beats the old hero, and the torch was passed.
You know the story after that. You know the rivals, the big moments, the surprise endings. But all of it is scripted.
People say that the refs cant make the ball go thru the hoop. but they control the fouls... that is the most important part because foul calls are subjective. and if u control how the game is called, 1 team can be more aggressive than the other, which controls turnovers, fouls, shooting pct., and free throw points.
The Nba hurt itself by making the "sport" this way, because just like pro wrestling, it turns into a star driven league. only the stars get preferential calls. so their teams will be more successful. There are only so many stars in the league. Which means most of the teams will not have a chance at winning the big golden trophy. Which means fans in these regions have no reason to cheer for their home team. Just cheering for specific stars. You can only be marginally successful as an organization with this model.
Besides being a somewhat violent sport, which americans tend to like. The NFL, is way more balanced when it comes to the level of competition. Where each fan base can cheer for their own regional team. And they feel that their team has a shot at winning each sunday (any given sunday). And maybe winning the big trophy.
The main thing you have to realise is that everything is about money. The NBA is not a sport. It is a businesss. The goal is to make as much money as possible. Fairness is only ok, if its lucrative

Glad someone said it. It's all scripted

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blatant lie:comeon:

That's like somebody saying Tim Duncan "teamed up with David Robinson" or Russell Westbrook & James Harden "teamed up with Durant", or Kobe Bryant "teamed up with Shaq":usure:

Oh no it's not. This will be good - I love it when people don't know shyt and I get to turn their mythological childhood heroes back into messy reality. :mjgrin:

Duncan went into the draft when he graduated. Westbrook/Harden had no way of knowing who would draft them.

Magic purposely left college early so he could join forces with Kareem.
This Decision Was Beyond Coin Flip

You hear that? The ONLY reason Magic left college early was to team up with the greatest player in NBA history who was still in his prime and rolling out MVP seasons.

And ya'all are getting on Lebron's case for joining a lottery team that had Kyrie. :dead:

:whoa:

Little known fact, Magic actually did go in the draft to play with kareem, little known fact people do not know. He himself said he would've stayed in college than play for the Bulls

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

@Newzz

:sas1:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:

Little known fact, Magic actually did go in the draft to play with kareem, little known fact people do not know. He himself said he would've stayed in college than play for the Bulls

Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life." Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

No one knew how good Magic Johnson would be or become. To say a college player, who hasn't played 1 single minute in the NBA, "teamed u
I was wrong:ehh: