Favorite part of producing

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
What do you guys enjoy most about the beat making process?? Finding the sample... Chopping the sample.. baseline..drums..etc

For me it's the highhats and open highhats....I feel like the hats can make or break the track. IMO that's where the bounce comes from

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
drums i find the easiest and most fun part
chopping the sample the most boring part
bassline can be kinda complicated
and other melodies to but that ish isn't really necessary

i tend to overproduce my shyt a lot of times but i kinda learned how to EQ all the elements and pan them in the mix.

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
when i had a mpd and mapped out the sample and finally found thee right groove

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Damn, i think i should get an MPC Renaissance or Maschine.
I feel those Fruity Loops samplers take down the soundquality on samples but that might had to do with me sampling mp3's to though. but i like the fact that FL can sample mp3's still. saves some time.
I used to sample from vinyl when i was on the MV-8800 and collecting records really is fun. But ever since i switched to software i've only been sampling mp3s. I miss the MV sometimes. I learned a lot just because i started with hardware but i made the switch to software cause i felt like i could do more with software.

Last edited:

901Cory10

Pro
Daps
Damn, i think i should get an MPC Renaissance or Maschine.
I feel those Fruity Loops samplers take down the soundquality on samples but that might had to do with me sampling mp3's to though. but i like the fact that FL can sample mp3's still. saves some time.
I used to sample from vinyl when i was on the MV-8800 and collecting records really is fun. But ever since i switched to software i've only been sampling mp3s. I miss the MV sometimes. I learned a lot just because i started with hardware but i made the switch to software cause i felt like i could do more with software.
Cop a maschine bruh

CuzinQ

Rookie
Daps
It has to be drums and sample digging. It was a period of 2 or 3 years where I stopped making beats but still made drums patterns and was digging for samples.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
fleshing the track out

on saturdays, if i have no plans, i can just sit all day with a track, playing keys, experimenting with drums, finding vocal samples to weave in and out

i always stumble onto something that inspires another 2 or 3 beats