Fedor Emelianenko: ‘I never considered myself to be the best’ fighter of all time

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Alves was on a tear at the time,
thing is he has a wrestling deficiency which Fitch exploited x2, gsp is better than Fitch yet we saw how his fight with alves went.

Just feel his fans want it both ways you can't say GSP is the goat because he faced a who's who and never lost a round (which isn't true) but then turn around and say he didn't get any finishes because he faced such stellar opponents, erm which one is it, cuz these opponents had no problem finishing each other.

and Jon Fitch was at one point far and away the second best WW on the planet (like legit a top p4p fighter). He also beat Condit and Shields (fight was ass :gag:).
don't know why I didn't mention Condit but did I not concede to the Fitch and shields fights?:why:

I feel you and agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I think to an extent you're unwittingly putting down GSP to prop up Silva and Jones, which isn't right (that's what cacs do...). I miss champions like Silva, Jones and GSP who did it the hard way, and didn't get favorable title matches out of thin air like McGregor and Holly Holm (who couldn't even win :mindblown:).
:russ:

Thing is it's not just about wins if it were Henderson would be talked about as one of the best lws.But he ain't respected cuz its about how you win (and who you beat as well). Silva gets extra points for level of difficulty in just being a finisher and how he finished. Jones went through HOFs and finished most going surgical and here is a guy with a wrestling base.

Gsp just went out there making the most of the unified rules and protecting his money, which is fine if you are a fan but that's not what I think of when I hear the word goat

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thing is he has a wrestling deficiency which Fitch exploited x2, gsp is better than Fitch yet we saw how his fight with alves went.

Just feel his fans want it both ways you can't say GSP is the goat because he faced a who's who and never lost a round (which isn't true) but then turn around and say he didn't get any finishes because he faced such stellar opponents, erm which one is it, cuz these opponents had no problem finishing each other.

don't know why I didn't mention Condit but did I not concede to the Fitch and shields fights?:why:

:russ:

Thing is it's not just about wins if it were Henderson would be talked about as one of the best lws.But he ain't respected cuz its about how you win (and who you beat as well). Silva gets extra points for level of difficulty in just being a finisher and how he finished. Jones went through HOFs and finished most going surgical and here is a guy with a wrestling base.

Gsp just went out there making the most of the unified rules and protecting his money, which is fine if you are a fan but that's not what I think of when I hear the word goat

I hear you, but objectively GSP had a consistently tougher schedule than Anderson (not Jones though). Other than Dan Hardy, he never had any breather fights like James Irvin, Cote, Bonnar or Leites (who has improved a lot over the years, but was middle of the road back then). Not his fault since he fought and defeated every elite MW of his era except Weidman, but 185 was just weaker back then. The division fell off a cliff beyond the likes of Mark Munoz, whereas welterweight had talent at the top and bottom (unranked fighters like Rick Story and Jordan Mein were still very talented).

And speaking of favorable matchups, Franklin and especially Forrest were tailor made for Silva so you can't really use that argument against GSP.

I think GSP's competition and Anderson's finishes balance each other out, whereas Jones' run was the best of both worlds - dominant finishes over hall of famer after hall of famer :wow:. Jones is the best MMA fighter we've seen.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I never knew you could win rounds on timidity :leon: and serra was basically one foot out the door before TUF:hasbeens goes on to beat your gawd in the 1st round:leon:
Leites took him down as well. Silva lost on round on one judge, and two rounds on another.

Serra caught gsp, then Gsp avenged it mercilessly. Spider has only ever avenged the okami dq

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I hear you, but objectively GSP had a consistently tougher schedule than Anderson (not Jones though). Other than Dan Hardy, he never had any breather fights like James Irvin, Cote, Bonnar or Leites (who has improved a lot over the years, but was middle of the road back then).
Lol at breather fights if it was so easy to risk your streak in fights where you have all to lose why didn't gsp ever jump weightclasses once? It's ballsy moves like that that just adds to Silva's legend.

Silva for all his greatness was susceptible to TDs, as we saw in the shogun/rampage fights Forrest clearly learned something from couture. As the bigger fighter he could have taken Silva down it just didn't play out that way. And bonnar was juiced to the gills remember?

Not his fault since he fought and defeated every elite MW of his era except Weidman, but 185 was just weaker back then.
for argument sake if it was so weak he did what someone with superior skill is supposed to do over opponents with deficiencies right? What was GSP's excuse for going 5 rounds with hardy, alves,kos or diaz even.

And speaking of favorable matchups, Franklin and especially Forrest were tailor made for Silva so you can't really use that argument against GSP.
if Silva never showed up Franklin would have been put on the same pedestal as Hughes/couture and em.I already touched on Forrest.

I think GSP's competition and Anderson's finishes balance each other out, whereas Jones' run was the best of both worlds - dominant finishes over hall of famer after hall of famer :wow:. Jones is the best MMA fighter we've seen.
if GSP's competition were so unfinishable how come they could finish each other?

Last edited:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Lmao there's no misconception. Rounds lost are rounds lost. Leites didn't have to do shyt with the takedowns because spider.didnt do shyt standing those rounds.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We all know who the real GOAT is
full