First long term abortion study

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Nov 13.
Public health researchers with the UC San Francisco group Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH) used data from 956 women who sought abortions at 30 different abortion clinics around the U.S. 182 of them were turned away. The researchers, led by Diana Greene Foster, followed and did intensive interviews with these women, who ran the gamut of abortion experiences. Some obtained abortions easily, for some it was a struggle to get them, and some were denied abortions because their pregnancies had lasted a few days beyond the gestational limits of their local clinics. Two weeks ago, the research group presented what they'd learned after two years of the planned five-year, longitudinal "Turnaway Study" at the recent American Public Health Association conference in San Francisco.

We have found that there are no mental health consequences of abortion compared to carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term. There are other interesting findings: even later abortion is safer than childbirth and women who carried an unwanted pregnancy to term are three times more likely than women who receive an abortion to be below the poverty level two years later.

more:
What happens to women denied abortions? This is the first scientific study to find out.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Fundies are going to be pissed

thread title had me waiting for a punchline

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Smh this is f*cking gross. Sterilization of america is real
idiots are really falling for this shyt?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2