Following Senator Bob Menendez's Trial on corruption and bribery charges....

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Robert Menendez Personally Lobbied for Visas, Former Aide Testifies

http://nypost.com/2017/09/11/menendez-demaned-aide-get-visa-for-rich-docs-gal-pal-emails/

This is an important trial, politically, as the Democrats stand to lose a vote, if he is convicted, and high profile figures like Cory Booker are supporting the Senator. Besides, the political angles, as it relates to 2018, it's a fascinating look into the perversity of wealth and privilege enjoyed by these people.

*Having read the indictment in 2015, I think he is guilty

*Salomon Melgen is a esp. sleazy character, has been convicted of 100 million Medicare fraud, awaiting sentencing, and standing trial with longtime friend Menendez.

*The salacious bits involve Menendez intervening in visa applications for women who were girlfriend of Melegn, from Slovania, Brazil, Colombia, and DR.

Also, as it relates to the Bob Mcdonell verdict being overturned, and thrown out on appeal, which was an absolute disgrace.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Dude who is in trouble for using his seat for corruption purposes kept asking the judge to schedule all the hearings around Senate votes :camby:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Most of us know the jury deadlocked, and a mistrial was declared. I think he was guilty, again, it's not a good time for this, politically, but I don't condone corruption, esp. as sleazy as this this was, allegedly. I think the AUSA botched the case, they went with all the details and boring forensic accounting, building the jury towards a verdict, and juries, often, just aren't smart enough to keep up.

Meanwhile, the defense just has to say "Hey they are just friends...amigos....and they helped each other" and the jury will connect.

Disaster all around. I hope Melegen gets 20 years, he has an already standing guilty verdict for massive fraud.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
He paid off the right jurors. Problem is, that game doesn't work twice, ask Rod Blagojevich. He dropped the bank account on that one juror, then in the retrial didn't have anything left to guarantee another mistrial.