Founding Fathers Documentary: Hip Hop Did Not Start in the Bronx

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
just like a new york mufukka to claim they did some shyt... then we find out after the fact they been lyin.

My old man told me about parties on the West side of the Go that was doin they hip hop thing in the mid 70's.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody knows who pig meat was..it's just some shyt on the Internet that they tried to say was the first rap song..it's not true,,Ali was the first rhymer in popular culture..he influenced everyone..not pigmeat
How old are you?.

Pigmeat Markham was well known in the black community in his time. The internet didnt need to say shyt, it was well known to older blacks. I told you my mother put me onto him. She gave me his 45 vinyl. I even talked to some younger people who knew who pig meat was and this was before internet use. Saying he wasnt known is like saying "moms mabley" wasnt known or "sandman sims" wasnt popular. The type of rhyming you're talking about was popular with James brown and Ali, to white people who weren't engulfed in black culture that much. Blacks been doing that way before those two. You cant be a black american talking like this or you don't converse with older people who will teach you stuff that's not in the books.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Rhyming has been around forever

But Hip Hop in the form we know it today was created in NY/The Bronx in the late 60s early 70s.

Hustlers Convention album by Lightnin Rod (Jalal Mansur Nurriddin from the Last Poets) had probably the biggest impact on modern rap as far as albums go

Last edited:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Did you read the article? All it says is that hip-hop was pioneered in multiple parts of NYC at once.

As long as they don't start claiming hip hop was primitive until CACs got a hold of it and refined it, I'm good (see also: Jazz, Blues, Rock, Country; see Gospel for the 'Europeans invented it then gave it to the slaves' versions which are out there here and there).