Fox cries foul over Obama’s Bible quotes in immigration speech: That’s ‘not proper use!’

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Fox cries foul over Obama’s Bible quotes in immigration speech: That’s ‘not proper use!’
3438.png

Scott Kaufman
21 Nov 2014 at 13:36 ET
FacebookTwitterMore
fox_ff_antigay_cake_140605a-800x430.jpg

Fox News host Elisabeth Hasselbeck (Screen capture)
Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

Conservatives are incensed that President Barack Obama quoted scripture in his speech last night about immigration reform, Media Matters for America reports.

“Scripture tells us that we shall not oppress a stranger, for we know the heart of a stranger — we were strangers once, too,” the president said Thursday night. “My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.”

On Fox & Friends, Tucker Carlson accused the president of using the Biblical quotations to prove that “God is on [his] side.” “It’s repugnant,” Carlson said, “for this guy specifically, the president who spent his career defending late-term abortion, among other things, lecturing us on Christian faith? That’s too much. That is too much. This is the Christian left at work, and it’s repugnant.”

“To quote scripture?” he added, “that’s out of bounds.”

“He’s using it to guilt someone into” supporting immigration reform, Elisabeth Hasselbeck replied. “That’s not what the scholars behind the Bible would interpret as proper use.”

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee agreed, writing on Facebook that it “is interesting that Obama cites Scripture as the justification for him taking unilateral action on illegal immigrants.”

“It’s similar to the way that his Biblical beliefs led him to oppose same-sex marriage as a candidate for election. Then when he needed big campaign donations from gay liberals for his reelection, the Bible suddenly got rewritten.”

“I always thought that Scripture was eternal and unchanging,” he concluded, “but apparently, now that Obama is President, Scripture gets rewritten more often than Bill Cosby’s Wikipedia entry.”

Watch the video of the Fox & Friends hosts discussing the president’s use of Scripture below.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
On Fox & Friends, Tucker Carlson accused the president of using the Biblical quotations to prove that “God is on [his] side.” “It’s repugnant,” Carlson said, “for this guy specifically, the president who spent his career defending late-term abortion, among other things, lecturing us on Christian faith? That’s too much. That is too much. This is the Christian left at work, and it’s repugnant.”

“To quote scripture?” he added, “that’s out of bounds.”

“He’s using it to guilt someone into” supporting immigration reform, Elisabeth Hasselbeck replied. “That’s not what the scholars behind the Bible would interpret as proper use.”

Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee agreed, writing on Facebook that it “is interesting that Obama cites Scripture as the justification for him taking unilateral action on illegal immigrants.”

“It’s similar to the way that his Biblical beliefs led him to oppose same-sex marriage as a candidate for election. Then when he needed big campaign donations from gay liberals for his reelection, the Bible suddenly got rewritten.”

“I always thought that Scripture was eternal and unchanging,” he concluded, “but apparently, now that Obama is President, Scripture gets rewritten more often than Bill Cosby’s Wikipedia entry.”

Watch the video of the Fox & Friends hosts discussing the president’s use of Scripture below.
:noah::noah::deadmanny::deadmanny::umad::umad::umad:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i love politics... everything must be twisted and distorted, pulled out of recognizable format and labeled as disingenuous or even down right malicious.... no one in politics on either side of the aisle ever debates policy, they just hurl insults back and forth at each other....

well, you know my steez... i'm just going to kick back and do a mj move...

1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif