Schedule Release! [Houston Texans Offseason Thread 2024]

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Wanted to make a new thread and wash my hands of a whole bunch of the garbage from the previous seasons. We know the deal about Watson, and after so many details have come out, I feel different know compared to how I felt when he initially made his trade request. Basically, a lot of the fans got duped into thinking it was all about Watson wanting to be a "decision maker" in the hiring process, and I think if you looked hard enough (honestly, not even that hard), you'd figure out that Deshaun and his reps were planning his exit way before any firings and hirings. If you've seen Quincy Avery and David Mulugheta's names on your timelines, you should know what's up.

Also, you should know by now the stories the local media have pushed throughout this entire process. They made it seem like things were one way, when it was entirely another. They are so mad that Josh McCown wasn't hired that they've made tons of passive aggressive tweets and articles, when McCown wasn't ever in the cards as a head coach, it was just as easy story to push. All these "insiders" have been salty that this current Texans regime haven't been letting a lot of news leak out. The person that has been responsible for those leaks beforehand was Amy Palcic, and she's in Jacksonville, which is why we've heard every detail of every breath of Jags news.

As far as the initial changes, the presser with Lovie Smith and Nick Caserio already felt different. A lot more self awareness. Lovie actually addressed needing to get the fans back, which is something everybody should hear. Glad they got rid of Tim Kelly and his horrific play calling as well. Good luck to the Titans for bringing him in. James Campen getting the boot was much needed as well. He was already looking like Mike Devlin 2.0, so I'm hopeful of theme bringing in George Warhop, who had previous stints with the Jags and Bucs. Pep Hamilton getting elevated to offensive coordinator should do wonders for this team, and Love said it himself that it was very important to keep him around (as the Jags and Lions requested him to be apart of their staff). Seems like they're putting together an actual staff instead of having a bunch of square pegs in round holes. Bless David Culley's heart, he was a very nice guy and is a genuine good natured person (I met him awhile back), but he was adamant about "running it back" with Tim Kelly and various other guys on the staff, so I'm not surprised he got that severance package and was let go. I've seen people compare Lovie and Culley, but other than being black and having grey hair, they're nothing alike. Lovie's resume holds a LOT more weight than Culley's.

@Spence @Hiphoplives4eva @DonKnock @Scientific @DigitalGoodTimes
@Flex Luger @Mike_Pipeson @3rd Koast Kang @King Jove @Tha_Mac @THASTUNNA
@chkmeout

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
I actually always wanted Lovie back since 2013 instead of Buttchin.
He seems to building a good staff and I want to see he will be able to be HC and DC at the same time.

Not totally sold on Mills just yet but I will be closely watching the Watson situation unfold on the coming weeks. We got lots of roster holes and his trade will be instrumental in getting those filled.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Not gonna lie the Lovie hire threw me for a loop. But the players on the team seem to love him. It’s just the randomness of the hiring that threw me off at first. I still believe Flores was their guy until the lawsuit news broke.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I actually always wanted Lovie back since 2013 instead of Buttchin.
He seems to building a good staff and I want to see he will be able to be HC and DC at the same time.

Not totally sold on Mills just yet but I will be closely watching the Watson situation unfold on the coming weeks. We got lots of roster holes and his trade will be instrumental in getting those filled.
O’Brien was the lead guy but they were interested in Lovie around that time too. They already have various picks and Watson should def net even more regardless if he’s possibly suspended. Watson better start researching the adult entertainment life in other cities, cause I don’t think Miami is happening.

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Not gonna lie the Lovie hire threw me for a loop. But the players on the team seem to love him. It’s just the randomness of the hiring that threw me off at first. I still believe Flores was their guy until the lawsuit news broke.
Yeah, that's how I saw it. Lovie was out of left field. He's set up to raise the bar, given how low it's now.

3rd Koast Kang

Superstar
Daps
IMO the return they get for Deshaun, and the players they draft with those picks, will determine the success of Lovie. They gotta nail the picks, and they gotta develop them. Otherwise they’ll be right back here 2 years from now picking a new coach.