Go in debt for a wedding brehs

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
If this is her idea chances are she's also the reason they're that far in debt. The cac doesn't know how to put his foot down

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I agree that he shouldn't go. That's the right option regardless.

Should she go? The problem is that she as "a" "friend" (I'm quoting it like that for a reason) feels obligated to attend. Which means if he says she can't go their marriage is hit. If he stays home to make up the lost savings, he's gonna be aggy at her and she's just gonna try to make it up to him by doing something that does jack shyt to make up the lost savings.

I think the interesting point here is that he knows he's emotionally prepared to do whatever to kill that debt and she's not. He's really more afraid of upsetting her than saving the money. Which is crazy because until we hear her side of story, I don't think she worries about how this debt is affecting her husband.

rico_85

All Star
Daps
And how do I have to annual the marriage before I have to divorce and incur those divorce court fees?
Anything less than six months can be considered an annulment instead of a divorce.

Most states will require both parties to be separated for 6 months to a 1 year prior to any filing (Separate addresses will have to be on the paperwork).

An annulment or divorce will run you the same court fees to file.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
GMB

HXdzozG.gif

:dead: :dead:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
I'd tell her that we can't afford it and would ask her what's more important: dropping 6K on this debt so it can be paid off faster, or spending 4 damn days to celebrate someone else's big moment.

If she said the latter, then I'd send her on her way, and make a mental note of it because that tells me that she's probably not serious about the marriage.

I mean, you're fine with canceling our honeymoon, but attending your best friend's wedding is a must:skip:?

You're not even a bridesmaid:mjlol:.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Having a destination wedding is probably the most selfish things you can do.

I had a family member do it and literally only 2 people showed up for the groom because his family couldn't afford to come. They've despised the bride ever sense.

I literally had to talk her parents into coming because they weren't with the
BS. They did come but it wasn't even anything special.

I've literally seen better barn weddings.

Last edited:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Go see the justice of the peace. Then throw a big party at somebody's house. Use gifted money to go towards a fund for kids or property. Going outlandish on a wedding shows the wedding is all you really give a damn about.

The real work begins after the Honeymoon.

KingTxo

Where Truth Comes To Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Never been married but i would never spend more than 3k on a wedding. Id spend more on the honeymoon if anything.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
if you a regular member of a decent church, (not one of those grifter ones) they usually charge you very little to have a ceremony there.
My church doesn't charge its members anything, so you literally only paying for the decorations, clothes, and photography.
Thats just the main ceremony though,

A lot of people want to have a grand reception. That's were you can drop some money. catering dj, open bar, etc etc
but you can always go basic here too, and just do it family cookout style in somebodies yard. People spend 90K on a wedding reception but rarely spend more than 2k on a family reunion cookout, and they can basically be the same thing.