Goodbye World: We’ve Passed the Carbon Tipping Point For Good

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Particulate matter is different from CO2 emissions breh. US is top 10 in emission per capita a
while China is about 50 something, so its not giving about them passes, so its just about setting the record straight.

China has acknowledged they have a problem and are taking steps while we have congressman talking about pebbles and bringing snowballs as evidence to the contrary.
:francis:Link to the data you are looking at?
A0mcwbs.jpg

lK7EZFB.jpg

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
If we wait to confirm if it's apocalyptic, isn't it kinda too late by that point ?
Dems, most notably Al Gore have been singing this tune for a long time in order transfer funds to foreign bodies(IMO).
My personal favorite quote is:

“By 2016, Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa will be snow-free.”
-Al Gore back in 2006
:heh:

Both sides go too far.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
We didn’t and still don’t need to sign an international agreement to cut our emissions...
:yeshrug:

No we don't. But the US isn't an island and if we're serious about it, then we want as many people on board as possible. If the point is to actually prevent a problem.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Those are total emissions, not emission per capita. My data is from the world bank CO2 emissions (metric tons per capita) | Data

Countries ranked by CO2 emissions (metric tons per capita)

US is no 9, while china is no.36.
I don’t see the point in using per capita when the pollution is concentrated within a hand full of cities and half the population lives in rural areas often without electricity... it seems in the favor of the small group of corporate villains to spread the problem across the countries entire population.
I’m sure a corporation by corporation breakdown will also direct our angst at Chinese regulators(or emperor), who are doing a much worse job than Trump.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
:francis:Link to the data you are looking at?
A0mcwbs.jpg

lK7EZFB.jpg
ok since you like percentages, using your pie chart:

china is 18% of the world's population and is responsible for 30% of CO2 emissions ... BAD BAD CHINA
USA is 4% of the world's population and is responsible for 15% of CO2 emissions ... BAD BAD BAD BAD USA

EU is 9.8% of the world's population and is responsible for 9% of CO2 emissions.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
These technical challenges are compounded by political ones that arise from decentralized decision-making in China and the bureaucratic power of state-owned industries. A prime example is a glut of more than 100 new coal-fired power plants now approved for construction by local governments, despite falling utilization rates at existing plants, and growing non-fossil generating capacities. Given 40-year lifetimes of new plants, this failure of the central government to control local decision-making may further entrench resistance to a shift to renewables for decades into the future. This resembles the excess capacity in the steel-making industry: iron and steel enterprises, which are mostly state-owned, are willing to sell and export at low prices to maintain employment, and are resisting efforts to curtail production. The ability to reduce pollution emissions thus depends crucially on the ability of the political system to find alternative sources of economic development and provide a financial path for coal-fired industrial enterprises and power plants to close or reduce output.
Chinas big on coal? :leon: I didn’t know that...

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
I don’t see the point in using per capita when the pollution is concentrated within a hand full of cities and half the population lives in rural areas often without electricity... it seems in the favor of the small group of corporate villains to spread the problem across the countries entire population.
I’m sure a corporation by corporation breakdown will also direct our angst at Chinese regulators(or emperor), who are doing a much worse job than Trump.

It matters because we were using nations to assess GHG emissions, now you want to use cities, sounds like moving goal posts to me. Their urban planning is none of our business. In regards to Trump, he has done nothing but make it harder for the renewable industry grow, so his name should never be brought up to save face.