GOP Congressman Defending Privacy Vote: 'Nobody's Got To Use The Internet'

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Wisconsin congressman F. James Sensenbrenner Jr. defended his decision to help repeal broadband privacy rules by telling a constituent, "Nobody's got to use the Internet." An anonymous reader quotes the 73-year-old congressman:

"And the thing is that if you start regulating the Internet like a utility, if we did that right at the beginning, we would have no Internet... Internet companies have invested an awful lot of money in having almost universal service now. The fact is is that, you know, I don't think it's my job to tell you that you cannot get advertising for your information being sold. My job, I think, is to tell you that you have the opportunity to do it, and then you take it upon yourself to make that choice... That's what the law has been, and I think we ought to have more choices rather than fewer choices with the government controlling our everyday lives."

‘Nobody’s got to use the Internet’: A GOP lawmaker’s response to concerns about Web privacy

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The same could be said for pretty much every utility.

I'd argue having the internet his more useful than having a phone number.

I'd also argue that existing utilities are now being used over the internet.

I'd also say what the fukk kind of sentence is this,

"The fact is is that, you know, I don't think it's my job to tell you that you cannot get advertising for your information being sold. ":mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
This old cac literally said ISPs shouldn't be utilities so that consumers can advertise their data. :mjlol:

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Nowadays it's getting more and more crucial.

Although you don't have to have a personal connection at home with libraries and such, for jobs, paying for stuff and communication nothing beats the internet, companies are even putting their services online too for easy convenience.

In decades time it'll be a priority and should be a human right.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nowadays it's getting more and more crucial.

Although you don't have to have a personal connection at home with libraries and such, for jobs, paying for stuff and communication nothing beats the internet, companies are even putting their services online too for easy convience.

In decades time it'll be a priority and should be a human right.
Breh my brokerage just told me they're about to charge me $2 a month for paper statements and they're not the only ones who are going to start doing this

This old cac is either clueless or in the tank