Guess Who's Coming Home: Black Men Fighting Recorded Live In Vietnam

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

Terry recorded hundreds of black GIs on the battlefront. He found his story everywhere from Da Nang to Hue, and from the battlefields of Hamburger Hill and the Ashau Valley. And the Bloods rap about everything—racism in America, Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon, Black Power and Ho Chi Minh—and what they plan to do when they get “back to the World.” In this recording, you will discover a war within a war, a double battleground. Whites against blacks. Racial slurs. Cross burnings. Confederate flags. Knifings. Fraggings. The humor, intensity and anguish as the Bloods rap will make you laugh, it may make you angry, and it may make you cry as you share their world.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
I love learning stuff like this, i'm big on history and wars of the past and Vietnam is probably the 1 major war i know the least about. So far this is really deep and really informative, even the little things like the white soldiers getting to have their hair like hippies but the blacks being thrown in the brig for small fros, disgusting.