Guillermo Rigondeaux Open To Fight Santa Cruz or Mares at 126

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
guillermo-rigondeaux%20(10)_1.jpg

Former world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-1, 11 KO) is hoping to get in position to reclaim a title at super bantamweight, but he's also very open to fight the big names at featherweight - according to the boxer's manager Alex Bornote.

Earlier this week, Rigondeaux was stripped of the WBA title at 122-pounds - because he moved up by two weight divisions to 130 to challenge WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko.

Rigondeaux was stopped by Lomachenko after six rounds of action, after the Cuban boxer cited an injury to his left hand.

The first plan for Rigondeaux's future is to explore the options at 122, before looking at the lucrative names at 126.

"We will definitely go back to super bantamweight, where they say can say what they want to say, but Rigondeaux is the best in the world," said Bornote,to George Ebro. "We would only fight in 126 with a major opponent, a Santa Cruz or a Mares. ''

"Let's tell the truth, Rigo went up to give the world what the world wanted. He moved up because nobody, absolutely nobody wanted to face him at 122 pounds. Where were those champions when he called them? Once in the ring, with the injured hand, he realized that it would be very difficult to beat Lomachenko "

Bornote is still steamed with the WBA's decision not only to remove Rigondeaux of the title, but also to remove him from the rankings.

"The removal of the belt is already controversial and unfair, but having been removed from any position in the rankings - that is something really cruel," added Bornote. "You have to be very clumsy to leave Guillermo Rigondeaux without a place in first 10 ranked spots. That is something nobody believes it.''

"The defeat is tough, but nobody took more risk, nor did he have more to lose than Rigo. I repeat that at 122 there is no one better than him.."

Guillermo Rigondeaux Open To Fight Santa Cruz or Mares at 126

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Walters and Rigo don't deserve to box professionally :yeshrug:

You don't quit just becuz you realise you can't win, knock me the fukk out

I keep saying if I'm Rigo or Walters N I'm THAT frustrated ... I'm standing right in front of Loma N throwing when he throws N somebody getting slumped :manny:

Danny Garcia made a career outta closing your eyes N throwing bombs when your opp is throwing :heh:

Ain't no shame in it N you look 1000 times better then sitting on your stool :mjcry: thinking of excuses while the cutman takes off your gloves

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I keep saying if I'm Rigo or Walters N I'm THAT frustrated ... I'm standing right in front of Loma N throwing when he throws N somebody getting slumped :manny:

Danny Garcia made a career outta closing your eyes N throwing bombs when your opp is throwing :heh:

Ain't no shame in it N you look 1000 times better then sitting on your stool :mjcry: thinking of excuses while the cutman takes off your gloves
Exactly, wouldn't no one question your heart cuz even if u got slumped, you gave it your all and you left it all in the ring

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If Rigo beats both, does that redeem him?

it depends on the matter on how he wins i think :manny:

i mean vitali was labelled a quitter after being stopped by chris byrd...but to all of the ppl he redeemed himself later against lewis even though his eye was cut to shreds but he was willing to continue

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
What if he looked so bad and quit on purpose just to get other big names to take on the risk of fighting him :jbhmm:

:pachaha:

I know breh just got his ass WHUPPED and his soul taken but fukk it I rather cruz or mares fight him then some other bum

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we are emotional right now, so naturally we are thinking this bytch ass nikka dont deserve no more big fights but him and Walters alike, look at their resumes. also think that they may want to really redeem themselves. give em another shot and lets see what they do. if he stinks it out, get him :camby:

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
we are emotional right now, so naturally we are thinking this bytch ass nikka dont deserve no more big fights but him and Walters alike, look at their resumes. also think that they may want to really redeem themselves. give em another shot and lets see what they do. if he stinks it out, get him :camby:

I'm glad somebody admits that yall are just being emotional right now. nikkas disrespectful as hell to world champions recognizing it's not their night and they should think about their health over ego. It honestly takes balls to quit on a scale like that to me. I was emotional over the Rigo and Walters fight to but really you can't even be mad that Loma convinced them there was no way they were winning on that particular night:patrice:

Last edited: