Has Anyone Successfully or Tried to Open a Grocery Store?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I understand. But, what is the solution for those who are in those neighborhoods? I think a neighborhood market with the bulk dispenser type set up could work. Of course, surveying and working with the community to find out what things they need stocked at all times could work. Like a market customized to the neighborhood. The only thing I am worried about is I would want to run a cash-free store and all purchases would be with debt, credit and ....ebt?
these types of issues are much more complicated than food.
It comes down to everyday choices people in those neighborhoods make....which affects everything else in their lives.

The people in those communities that want healthy food get it...the same way folks that want Jordans get Jordans no matter what.

Poor people in 1st world countries eat fast food...and dont see the value in spending more money on healthy food (im sure we all have tried to get some of our family to eat better...I know adults that dont eat vegetables).

This isnt only black innercity neighborhoods...I see it in rural/suburban areas too.

So it probably comes down to education...and time.

This must be a recent phenomenon because I remember grocery stores in black neighborhoods when I was a kid...
...but people cooked at home a lot more in those days.

Watch this....it shows you how hard it is to make money in grocery stores (a story about a grocery store in Philadelphia)

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I think this is a good idea it just can't be your main source of income. It probably would be better if you got some a few people on board with you at the ownership level.

Thanks and I totally agree. I am an 10+ year self employed entrepreneur/business owner. I have my hand in a few things. It would be a family effort. I'm in the research process now and just want to line everything up to see if it's smart to do.

Last edited: