HBO 11/25 Tripleheader"Godson Sent Him To Hell But hbo Won't Let This Evil Quell" Slava vs.Klansman

Who Do You Got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i managed to watch this in the morning at my folks house before i left

sosa beat gamboa...that was a gift if i ever saw one..gamboa is done but i fukked with this fight
barrera-valera looked like i was going to be :whoo: but into devolved into :manny: and shytload of fouling lol...im surprised this didnt end in a DQ
kovalev- shabranskyy went how i expected...kovalev is an elite 175 fighter; shabranskyyko'd by barrera in a shootout so i knew his chin was lacking

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i managed to watch this in the morning at my folks house before i left

sosa beat gamboa...that was a gift if i ever saw one..gamboa is done but i fukked with this fight
barrera-valera looked like i was going to be :whoo: but into devolved into :manny: and shytload of fouling lol...im surprised this didnt end in a DQ
kovalev- shabranskyy went how i expected...kovalev is an elite 175 fighter; shabranskyyko'd by barrera in a shootout so i knew his chin was lacking

Swear HBO I associate with fukkery more than Showtime. When Gamboa got the nod I almost fell out the chair. Hilarious considering the knockdowns and point for all that damn hugging. Crazy cuz I thought Gamboa could have possibly stopped him after the work right after the fourth and fifth.

I didn't even bother watching the Kovalev fight after seeing Duva and her family in the audience during the Sosa/Gamboa fight. Wish a bomb would have went off and killed that b!itch and her family, especially her daughter. Vultures.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Kovalev-Shabranskyy Peaked at 900K Viewers, Averaged 869K

By Keith Idec

Sergey Kovalev’s return from his second defeat to Andre Ward was a success in and out of the ring.

According to ratings released Wednesday by Nielsen Media Research, a peak audience of 900,000 viewers tuned in to HBO to watch Kovalev knock out Vyacheslav Shabranskyy in the second round Saturday night in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. An average audience of 869,000 saw Kovalev-Shabranskyy, which didn’t have much time to build an audience because Kovalev demolished his overmatched opponent so quickly.

Only one fight HBO has televised live this year – Terrence Crawford-Felix Diaz – did better ratings than Kovalev-Shabranskyy. Crawford’s technical-knockout win against Diaz drew a peak viewership of 1,036,000 and averaged 961,000 viewers May 20 from Madison Square Garden.

kovalev-shabranskyy-fight%20(18).jpg

The 34-year-old Kovalev’s previous two fights were broadcast by HBO Pay-Per-View.

He lost the first of those fights to Ward by a widely debated unanimous decision a year ago in Las Vegas. Ward stopped Kovalev in the eighth round of their light heavyweight championship rematch June 17 in Las Vegas, but that, too, was a controversial result because Ward landed multiple punches below Kovalev’s belt line just before referee Tony Weeks stopped that fight.

Russia’s Kovalev (31-2-1, 27 KOs) had no such trouble with Shabranskky (19-2, 16 KOs). He knocked down the Ukrainian contender three times on his way to winning back the WBO light heavyweight title he lost to Ward, who gave it up when he retired two months ago.

Earlier Saturday night, the opener of HBO’s tripleheader – Yuriorkis Gamboa against Jason Sosa – was watched by a peak audience of 846,000 viewers and an average audience of 763,000. Cuba’s Gamboa (28-2, 17 KOs) beat Sosa (20-3-4, 15 KOs), of Camden, New Jersey, by majority decision in a competitive, 10-round battle between former 130-pound champions.

Gamboa, 35, won that fight despite that Sosa was credited with a knockdown in the seventh round and referee Ron Lipton deducted a point from Gamboa for holding in the 10th round.

The second bout HBO televised Saturday night, light heavyweight contender Sullivan Barrera’s defeat of Felix Valera, peaked at 805,000 viewers and was watched by an average of 760,000 viewers.

Cuba’s Barrera (21-1, 14 KOs) got up from a first-round knockdown to drop the unconventional Valera (15-2, 13 KOs) in the first round and won a unanimous decision by large margins on all three scorecards.