Hip Hop Really Deserves to Die At This Point

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Natural order. For creativity, individualism, and art to become the wave again - the music has to become monotonous and predictable. Then the cycle will repeat, the fans will turn their backs on experimental for the satisfaction of what's consistent and familiar.

The good thing is there are some artist who don't know how to be anything but who they are and there are some who can be whatever that's necessary to reach as many people as possible.

All true.

I think with Hip Hop, we probably reached that point around 20 years ago, and just got stuck in the predictable and monotonous cycle, so labels can profit. I said the same about a lot of these artists not knowing how to be anything other than what they are. The thing that's wild that someone pointed out to me over the weekend that's mad true is, back in the day, the artists had more positive influence over the listener. They could lead with commentary and thought-provoking music, and inspire the youth to read more history and protest, etc.

Today, artists are basically doing any and everything to please their following, even if that means not growing as an artist for fear of losing younger listeners, or dumbing down their sh*t, to simplify the listen and be as catchy as they possibly can be, to grow their fanbase. Like Erick Sermon said recently, "Hip Hop's great at telling people how to get high or locked up now".

But Hip Hop's intelligent influence and ability to spark the minds of listeners for the betterment of the culture is dead as a MF.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I agree.

But the new talent still needs the OG's for guidance. Every generation should be learning from the one before. Problem is, the newer talent is starting everything from scratch. So they don’t know sh*t about development or even how to reach a certain standard or level of greatness. Nobody's teaching them. And they're not going back and listening to classics so they can work with some kind of blueprint. They're all just doing whatever they know, but with a limited perspective.

Which is why the music is so trash.
Denzel Curry and etc are just now the minority now.
the labels are pushing young kids from the trenches with murderous raps or thot rap broads.

Culture is dead if we gonna be honest. They want to destroy us and the youth psychologically. Best way to do it

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Said this before but the concept of Drake having passionate stans in their 30s and up some of the funniest shyt ever to me.

And I fukk with plenty of dude's music, but I like McDonald's once in a while too, you know? Fact is he a manufactured corporate puppet who don't write his own music. He don't stand for nothing and don't got shyt to say. Not worth taking him seriously on any level.