How bout a war on obesity

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jesus christ... got back from the grocery store and I swear to god fat is the new regular and obese is common and like the fattest person you would ever see 15 years ago have all kinds of company today

Does the govt need to step in?

I know it will be the right just pandering to the fat cacs...saying the left is infringing on their rights, but c'mon man

do folks not understand, if you are gonna eat fastfood and drink soda you got to do a ton of exercise or your gonna put on weight

wtf is wrong with people...i'll drink a few cokes a week and some nuggets from mcdonalds now and then, but people must be eating this shhit day and night

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obviously the govt's war on drugs/terror have not worked, but maybe this will work cause its actually helping folks

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
society needs to stop promoting this"fat is healthy" bullshyt. fukk fat people, but then again, it helps people like me and you stand out.

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah man i know so many people who are caring an extra 15 -20 lbs... but its cool cause fat is normal, but 20 years from now when they are in their 40s thats gonna be 45-50 lbs and then you are lookin at heart attacks

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
:snoop:Is fat. I'm tryin to lose weight. A better war if any of these is to be waged is to do like Pac said go to war against poverty. If people weren't poor and stupid a lot of today's issue would be non existant.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fast metabolism :lift: but on the real, they really do need to have some type of endorsed policy. The problem is what politician gonna go full force with it? Alot of people just don't like government telling to do shyt period even if it's for their own good.

^A War on Poverty would be helping brown folks, can't do that. There trying to take shyt away to begin with.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
You can't make people want to eat healthy. It's a lifestyle choice. Eventually you either grow up and realize that you're doing damage to yourself, or you literally wallow in your own fat. fukk all of that, you should learn in school what constitutes a healthy meal but after that you're on your own.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't make people want to eat healthy. It's a lifestyle choice. Eventually you either grow up and realize that you're doing damage to yourself, or you literally wallow in your own fat. fukk all of that, you should learn in school what constitutes a healthy meal but after that you're on your own.

This. Man I remember going to some of my friends and cousins houses. Kitchen look spotless cause it was never used to cook shyt :laugh:. Nothing but fast food, chips, microwave food, and bullshyt. Kids growing up as a tree that's hollow inside.

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
The general culture is all messed up on proper nutrition and why it's important. Shaming for this and a lot of other issues are gone and the standards are lower as a result. Its been proven that obesity leads to many preventable morbidities like Diabetes, Heat Disease, various cancers, etc. and yet Americans gorge.

I just posted in another thread about just letting the Titanic (society) sink because in this case obesity because its probably too far gone to help most people with their personal issues. Its all to tell grown folks anything past a certain point, their minds are mostly made up about life and how they operate.

emac

Rookie
Daps
where do you draw the line? people that arent appealing in regular fitting clothes? what about someone with a stomach pooch? or just fat legs and everything else skinny? We cant judge a persons BMI on the outside. Are BMI's even an accurate statistic?

We'd have to control the means of people getting fat, which would mean regulating what people can and cant eat. Quality and quantity.

Sure right now I can go to BK and get a salad, for the same price I can also get a Whopper. Realistically if I get the salad, im probably gonna be hungry again in an hour or two, unless I drink plenty of water then I should be ok. A whopper, fries and coke. Will kill my hunger damn near immediately, make me shyt and put me to sleep. I might be hungry again but be too tired to get another.

At the store I could buy heads of lettuce and bags of broccoli and orange\apple juice or tea leaves and make tea. Or buy chips, cookies and cola, which in comparison are going to be ALOT cheaper.

For someone on a McD's income its not conducive to buy the foods that are healthier in the long run, they are hungry so fukk it.

Heres how I think the upper echelon has a grip on the people that simply dont know better.

Its always going to be cheaper to buy cookies, crackers, processed shyt that doesnt have any nutrients, and also colas pepsi and coke, dr pepper 2 litters for .99 and shyt.
McD's is always gonna have a dollar burger, but aside for them little shyt side salads and stuff, they dont give a fukk. You could buy 2 big macs for 4 bucks a piece 4 times a week for 13 years before you have a heart attack and die thus being able to never eat there again. Or buy salads and drink tea or water and that money would slowly trickle back into their pockets.

On a McDs income, and eating McD's your gonna need whatever little insurance you can get because all these preservatives and shyt thats in the food and genetically modifying the chickens and shyt aint healthy for humans. Youve seen how a fry never loses its composure after years of just sitting under a seat in a car, Their burgers do the same thing. What type of effect do you think that has on the human body? We dont just shyt it all out.

If we ate healthier, we'd be smarter, more productive, live longer, which based upon the systems that are lives are wrapped around (retirement, Social security) if we were all very productive 70 year old people, rather than reliant on prescription meds, nursing home bound, home bound citizens, what would our work force look like? What additional exceptions like senior citizen discounts and such would need to be made or adjusted?

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of this is laziness though emac... i hear what you are saying about all the companies pushing bad food and the govt not caring... I just got my first good job where im not livin check to check and yet I was able to on a fairly strict budget eat decent, but you got to exercise... I hate to sound like this, but a lot of kids today are damaged by all the technology... on the computer and x box all day plus bad food

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
You measure by percentage fat in the body minus muscle and water weight. Americans were not this obese a generation or two ago its a more recent trend. The regulation you are aiming for would be hard to achieve do to so many special interests by the food and beverage producers, the issue of regulatory capture and individuals preferences.

In Japan they have the other side of this issue in that people esp the girls are underweight do to culture reasons. Its more of a culture and education problem in the U.S. rather than a regulation one, not that regulatory attempts cannot be made, just how effective would they be? Social regulation is also sometimes as effective as government ones, regulation comes in different forms.

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
Fast metabolism :lift: but on the real, they really do need to have some type of endorsed policy. The problem is what politician gonna go full force with it? Alot of people just don't like government telling to do shyt period even if it's for their own good.

^A War on Poverty would be helping everybody, can't do that. There trying to take shyt away to begin with.

Fixed :cheers: