How do I fix my Credit Brehs????

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
So my credit is in the dumps :to:

Seriously though. Things just got out of hand, It's not like I'm like 10 of thousands of dollars in credit card debt

I never even had, heres my issue

I defaulted on a student loan, been late with Sallie Mae SEVERAL times

I been in collections a few times with other dumb stuff like express

Most of the collections are paid off but they stay on your report for 7 years..

Brehs I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20..

My score is in the mid to upper 500's

What do I do??

I'm finally starting to make some money but damn still not enough

Him Duncan

Hugh G Reckshon
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
i fukked my shyt up when i was 18 and the last two/three years i've raised my shyt by 120 to 130.

Pay off your collections.

Start building GOOD credit. Get a capital one card with a low limit. use it wisely and pay on time. I put a lot of small stuff i could afford with cash on credit, just to have a paid in full on my account.

I have two car loans. One of which I'm about to pay off in full 3 years early, but while I've had it, it's proven that I can manage it. and once paid off, again another Paid in full.

All in all it's just about establishing and maintaining credit as much as you can. I started with 14% interest rates and a couple hundred dollar credit limits, now I'm at 4% interest rates and couple thousand dollar limits.

If you have credit cards already, don't cancel em just keep em in good standing. The longer you've had a history the better, and keep the balance around 30-40% max

Daps
credit scores are touchy...

I had an 790 score, and recently, I was 60 day's late on a 30 dollar Credit card payment. It was during november when I was doing so many interviews, plus working full-time, Plus campaigning for an organization. I thought I was on Auto-payments, but they were only for a set amount of time.

one late payment dropped me down to 690. 12 years of good payment history, low credit card balances, quick installment loan payoffs etc.. All down the drain because I missed one payment.

There's nothing I can do except wait 7 years. Sucks.

Daps
Here's some hope for you dude.

I just checked my score, and I seem to have recovered some ground in the last few months. Just keep it real, pay on time, and save money for a rainy day.

wowbo.jpg

scorekh.jpg

aliG

Pro
Daps
if your credit is in the dumper, just go all cash.
start making stupid money... i mean LOTS OF IT so you could care less if your credit is fukked or not.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
My credit score is like 574 or something :merchant:

At least I don't have to worry about somebody trying to steal my identity. :yeshrug:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Credit is in 2 parts: payment history and debt. Most don't know but you can negotiate the debt part. Especially for larger amounts. If your loan is in default find out who has it. Call them and ask if they will do a settlement or take it out of default. They will offer a reduced lump sum or drastically reduce payment and let you out of default and even have it removed from your credit history. Same can be done with delinquent credit cards. For the history side, as others have said, get a low limit credit card. Pay it off every month. Build it up even. Remember, they want your business. The gov wants you in the economy and will bend over backwards to get you back in.

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
credit scores are touchy...

I had an 790 score, and recently, I was 60 day's late on a 30 dollar Credit card payment. It was during november when I was doing so many interviews, plus working full-time, Plus campaigning for an organization. I thought I was on Auto-payments, but they were only for a set amount of time.

one late payment dropped me down to 690. 12 years of good payment history, low credit card balances, quick installment loan payoffs etc.. All down the drain because I missed one payment.

There's nothing I can do except wait 7 years. Sucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your credit isn't affected if you pay your payment 1 day late, does it? I remember I did the same thing (lost track of time) and paid it a day after the payment was due. I think the rep I spoke to said 60 day late normally is when your credit gets hit.