How do y’all define Trap Music?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
it's all about the production

Trap is a style of popular music that developed in the late 1990s to early 2000s from Southern hip hop in the United States.[1][2] It is typified by double or triple-time sub-divided hi-hats,[3] heavy kick drums from the Roland TR-808 drum machine, layered synthesizers and an overall dark, ominous or bleak atmosphere.[4][5]

The content isn't that unique. It's basically the same as any other drug game/gangsta related music from the other regions in the USA. What is different is the localized lingo.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right now its a sound to me, a different kinda beat

808s sub bass, heavy kick drums, double or tripledtime sub divided high hats

But of course its roots come from memphis/ ATL nikkaz rappin about the ''trap'' which is a drug or stash house

so the term might come from rappin about trappin but I think its evolved to become a subgenre of rap identified by a different type of beat

I could be wrong but its my perception :yeshrug:

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
i never liked it. it didn't sound human to me. it sounded very computerized and not well thought about. not all of it though.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is more than just production that's why people refer to the style of production as trap beats. If you're referencing trap music, it's the production coupled with the content, lifestyle, and/or lingo. There's a quote from 2Chainz explaining it when he talked about his album Pretty Girls Like Trap Music.