How do you blur things out in a picture?

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to post a picture on this site later on but I need to blank out some things in a picture

how do I do that?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm trying to post a picture on this site later on but I need to blank out some things in a picture

how do I do that?
Just open up MS paint, select what you want to take out with the cursor, and press delete.

Blurring out isn't fool-proof, as if you use photoshop, the blur will be its own layer and those that are knowledgeable could find that "blur" layer and just erase it, essentially getting rid of the blur.

The best way is to simply delete what you want to blur or put a black box around it in MS paint. MS paint doesn't use layers, so you can't have somebody get rid of the black box or deletion

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
If you can get your hands on adobe photoshop you can port picture in and hit it with the blur tool.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Blurring out isn't fool-proof, as if you use photoshop, the blur will be its own layer and those that are knowledgeable could find that "blur" layer and just erase it, essentially getting rid of the blur.
pretty sure that can't be done after the image has been 'flattened' and exported as a jpeg. you would need to get a hold of the original .psd file. it also depends how the blur was applied. it's not necessarily in another layer

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
pretty sure that can't be done after the image has been 'flattened' and exported as a jpeg. you would need to get a hold of the original .psd file. it also depends how the blur was applied. it's not necessarily in another layer

You might be right, but I remember reading how somebody doing :sitdown: things with a photoshop blur on his face got caught. Some good citizen took the picture and de-blurred it somehow. I vaguely remember it had something to do with layers, or maybe it was filters :jbhmm:...I dunno; I'm no photoshop expert, but they de-blurred his face somehow. :yeshrug:

After I read about the de-blurring that is possible in photoshop, I realized it's best just to use MS Paint and delete your face or put a black box around it. I never post my picture on forums, cuz I still think nothing is 100% safe, but I think deleting your face and saving it to a new file is the way to go.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You might be right, but I remember reading how somebody doing :sitdown: things with a photoshop blur on his face got caught. Some good citizen took the picture and de-blurred it somehow. I vaguely remember it had something to do with layers, or maybe it was filters :jbhmm:...I dunno; I'm no photoshop expert, but they de-blurred his face somehow. :yeshrug:

After I read about the de-blurring that is possible in photoshop, I realized it's best just to use MS Paint and delete your face or put a black box around it. I never post my picture on forums, cuz I still think nothing is 100% safe, but I think deleting your face and saving it to a new file is the way to go.
it would depend how much blur was used, and other factors. I agree it is safer to just cut, or black, it out

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me know if this makes a difference

I actually need to blank out information on a SCREEN SHOT

I just need to blank out words such as my name and address and etc

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Man, just open it up in MS Paint and cover the shyt with a black box or delete it. It'll literally take 2 seconds. I don't get what's so hard about this :wtf:

I almost want to neg you for making this so complicated and not understanding basic PC programs. shyt! :snoop:

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing

What operating system you working wit breh?

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, just open it up in MS Paint and cover the shyt with a black box or delete it. It'll literally take 2 seconds. I don't get what's so hard about this :wtf:

I almost want to neg you for making this so complicated and not understanding basic PC programs. shyt! :snoop:

lol appreciate the advice bruh

I was at work all day so I wasn't able to work on it

I decided to update the thread from work when I realized that I might've asked the wrong question

because I actually needed to blank out a screenshot instead of a picture

thanks though :tu: