How to break the two-party hold on American politics

Oville

Pro
Daps
But yet, it still breaks out the same way.

In systems like ours, you can have as many parties as you want, but when a majority vote wins, people vote strategically to ensure the person they definitely dont want to win

I think it more it has more to do with the fact that two parties already have established institutions in their back pocket (Corporations, Unions, Churches)
and people are afraid to go outside of the box for the fear your talking about. In other words I think the private campaign financing influences why people vote strategically against the people they don't want to win than the actual voting system. I still think its reversible though especially given this climate where people are fed up with establishment politics.

Starksman

Rookie
Daps
I think it more it has more to do with the fact that two parties already have established institutions in their back pocket (Corporations, Unions, Churches)
and people are afraid to go outside of the box for the fear your talking about. In other words I think the private campaign financing influences why people vote strategically against the people they don't want to win than the actual voting system. I still think its reversible though especially given this climate where people are fed up with establishment politics.

Good post