How upper division engineering differ from core classes?

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Thinking about majoring in civil engineering brehs, but any engineering major can reply.

How different/difficult is it from from the physics I-III and the math (up to Diff. Eq.) from freshman/sophmore year? I'm sure you use what you know from those classes, but how's the new material? What was homework amount like compared to the first 2 years?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
your core classes are a breeze in comparison to major classes.

but im chem e, ive heard civil is easier

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I graduated EE, major classes are a big time consumer. The work its self, while not hard, just consumed alot of time and effort.

Especially being in EE, if i wasn't programming something, i was building something, writing a report, or studying for a test.

Thats why, you make friends within your major, and get your hands on ALL old material from past years you can find.

I probably wouldn't have made it if it was not for that.

-DMP-

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
For me it went like this

Freshman year = :merchant:
Sophomore year = :why:
Junior year = :lift:
Senior year = :stylin:

My GPA jumped like .3-.4 points each year though. Freshman year I finished with a 2.4 I think :sadcam:

I was an ME. Experience was the same for everyone in my major/school. We lost 1/3 of our class by junior year but from there it was easy as fukk. I was working like 20-30 hours a week and taking ~20 credits senior year.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I graduated EE, major classes are a big time consumer. The work its self, while not hard, just consumed alot of time and effort.

Especially being in EE, if i wasn't programming something, i was building something, writing a report, or studying for a test.

Thats why, you make friends within your major, and get your hands on ALL old material from past years you can find.

I probably wouldn't have made it if it was not for that.

-DMP-

This

Freshman / Sophomore year are weed years. They will pour it on you and only a small percentage of the people who started with you will still be there after the first 2 years. The coursework seems to ease up a bit after that. Senior year was the easiest by far.

The making friends is crucial. You *need* to talk to the upperclassmen who took those profs before you.