How would 90s George Foreman do in today's HW division?

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
:jbhmm:

If you remember, 90s Foreman was literally :flabbynsick: status body-wise but his punching power was keeping him afloat.

Coming back from retirement he was basically knocking out club fighters, then he got props for basically not getting killed in the ring vs. Holyfield. He lost vs. the Snapple Bottle Tommy Morrison then got outboxed by Michael Moorer before landing an Airbus A380 on his chin and became the oldest heavyweight champion of all time. Then he gave up the WBA belt not wanting to fight any real competition and fought some more club fighters before getting robbed by Shannon Briggs and kicked out the boxing world. Despite all this, his punch was stuff of legend and he's still held in high regard for his work in the 90s. But how would he fare today against the likes of Joshua, Fury, Wilder, etc.? Discuss.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:jbhmm:

If you remember, 90s Foreman was literally :flabbynsick: status body-wise but his punching power was keeping him afloat.

Coming back from retirement he was basically knocking out club fighters, then he got props for basically not getting killed in the ring vs. Holyfield. He lost vs. the Snapple Bottle Tommy Morrison then got outboxed by Michael Moorer before landing an Airbus A380 on his chin and became the oldest heavyweight champion of all time. Then he gave up the WBA belt not wanting to fight any real competition and fought some more club fighters before getting robbed by Shannon Briggs and kicked out the boxing world. Despite all this, his punch was stuff of legend and he's still held in high regard for his work in the 90s. But how would he fare today against the likes of Joshua, Fury, Wilder, etc.? Discuss.
Briggs is still in the title picture, Flabby n sick Foreman would dominant HW in this era, there aint no slick heavies to trouble George........

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Comeback Foreman was overrated like a muthafukka...when he wasn't runnin from :flabbynsick: he spent most of the 90's getting outboxed and/or as a punching bag...even in the one "meaningful" fight that he won.

I can see him taking out AJ...maybe Wilder too. He'd get outboxed by Ortiz. Fury is too damn big and rangy.

90's :flabbynsick: on the other hand, would easily clean out this current class of Heavies.

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Man was so slow in the 90's but if he found his spot and could lay that right on you it'd be :deadmanny:

I'd have him behind AJ and its a toss up between Wilder and him. Wilder just so technically unsound its kinda ridiculous :huhldup:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I might have to rewatch and then give an answer but with his type of power man. :francis: :huhldup:
He'd knock out AJ (AJ is always presenting himself to get hit, and punches himself out on the reg. No one is bombing out Foreman. Old George weathers the early storm and them debacles a gassed AJ), 50/50 on Wilder (Wilder would be super effective from outside and could 12-0 it, but also could get caught), lose 12-0 to Fury.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I think 90s Foreman stylisticly matches up well against all the HW champs today.
I think he would definitely capture a title if you took 92-93 Foreman and put him in the mix right now.

MoroccanBoy

Madness
Daps
Had a great jab too. He'd define tell be s champion. Could see him bombing out aj and wilder