I got an honest question about Islam/ Islamic Relations

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
If the Shi'te sect/followers controlled Mecca, would there be any key differences to how Mecca is today?

Let's pretend that this wasn't a result of an invasion or war, but instead some sort of peaceful transition of sorts.

What would be different? Would certain buildings be demolish or put up? Would ceremonies be different or events changed?

Thanks.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
for starters, every holy site or graveyard will turn into a huge shrine

there will be mass yearly self flagellation (literally with blood and whips) and generally more self-sacrifice

the eastern provinces in the country with shias will have more power

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
don't they even have a more centralized religious system like catholics?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Can you explain this to me? I'm only familiar in the idols sense in dealing with my Catholic upbringing so I don't want to assume your religions have the same meanings.

Islamic is fiercely monotheistic and anti-statuettes etc

removing the old idols of gods and goddesses from the kabah was considered one of the early victories

thus the Taliban beef with the buddha statues, people's concerns about drawings of the prophet, etc--no graven images

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Islamic is fiercely monotheistic and anti-statuettes etc

removing the old idols of gods and goddesses from the kabah was considered one of the early victories

thus the Taliban beef with the buddha statues, people's concerns about drawings of the prophet, etc--no graven images

Would the Sunni followers refuse to make the pilgrimage if that was the case?

Again, we are assuming that in some way the transition was one of a peaceful nature. Just a ideological shift of sorts.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Would the Sunni followers refuse to make the pilgrimage if that was the case?

Again, we are assuming that in some way the transition was one of a peaceful nature. Just a ideological shift of sorts.

I don't actually understand what Get In the Truck is referring to.. do Shias actually have idols? that's extremely heretic in islam

I think he's referring to the way they consecrate their equivalent of saints etc

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
I don't actually understand what Get In the Truck is referring to.. do Shias actually have idols? that's extremely heretic in islam

I think he's referring to the way they consecrate their equivalent of saints etc

I'm not sure. I was asking for clarification.

I know that the reformist Christians had a huge problem with the Saint Worshiping/Praying in Catholicism.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Can you explain this to me? I'm only familiar in the idols sense in dealing with my Catholic upbringing so I don't want to assume your religions have the same meanings.

I said it tounge in cheek but halfway serious....shi'ites admiration for their imams and Ali is borderline idolatrous.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

A lot of shias swear by Ali and have portraits of him in their house similar to how a lot of hindus do with their guru's and catholics do with mary and their saints, and yeah, that's a subtle form of idolatry.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
A lot of shias swear by Ali and have portraits of him in their house similar to how a lot of hindus do with their guru's and catholics do with mary and their saints, and yeah, that's a subtle form of idolatry.

Do they pray to the pictures of Ali?

I think that's what constitutes an idol.