Status
Not open for further replies.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Racism / Race Baiting
I believe they all mostly have an ulterior motive. I'll start with 2 of the more poplar ones in mainstream media currently which are Shaun King and Colin Kaepernick

Shaun King

He pretty much misled/lied/wasn't forthcoming on his actual race. And even today when asked about it, he can't give a real direct straight answer followed by a straight explanation of things he has said in the past regard his racial makeup.

I view him as a self-promoter making money off "black paranoia and fears" He comes off as disingenuous to me a lot of times. The story of him getting beat up by white racists really doesn't check out, and he has a picture on his Twitter background that misleads people into thinking such

Colin Kaepernick

Mr. Hot Button himself. ........ I think Colin went through or is going through a phase/identity crisis.....I think initially with the whole kneeling thing he had good intentions, and I think it was more of a calculated move than an actual "awareness moment". If Colin was still the starter with the 9ers I fully don't believe he would have started kneeling and making some of the comments he made and some of the actions he did.

Colin seemed to have woke up one day and said "hey I'll be a Black Activist" from here on out. He went from having his social media littered with his (white) family and other non-black people to almost a Huey Newton/Farrakhan persona all in a days time.

Colin says he will continue to kneel until he sees things have gotten better with police brutality and once he saw the situation was bubbling over, then he changed his tune and said he would no longer kneel and stand to salute the flag (which is it Colin?).

Then he aligns himself with his (non black) girlfriend and all of a sudden they are leaders of the New Black Panther party, and neither one of them are BLACK PEOPLE as we view them. I feel like it's almost a dog and pony show with him/them, and I'm really not pleased. Many Black people look for somebody (anybody) they feel they can trust and believe in and provide great leadership, sadly these 2 men are not the ones who should be at the forefront.

We need leaders/speakers who actually totally look like us, not a replica of us, but who look like us, who actually TRULY know what the burden of color + poverty feels like , and what the real experience is like, neither one of them fits the bill here, but they seem to act like it.

feedback anyone?

shaun-king-black-lives-matter-550x281.jpg

5412d3ea7fe9aeed10d03bcc0c323490--sf-niners-forty-niners.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.