"I put Lamborghini doors on that Esc-o-lade..."

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
blassic song :ohlawd:
The Making of Game's "The Documentary"
"HOW WE DO" F/ 50 CENT

Produced by: Dr. Dre, Mike Elizondo

Game: I was in the studio going through like 30 Dre beats. I wasn’t supposed to be going through the beats, I was going through them unauthorized. [Laughs.] I had to do it real quick because Dre stepped out to go to this little meeting. So I lied to [Dre’s engineer] Vito and told him, ‘Dre wants me to listen to some shyt,’ because I didn’t like what he had up for me. I came across that beat and I loved it as soon as I heard it. It was called ‘Fresh ‘83,’ that’s what the beat was named in Dre’s folder. I guess he thought it was some ‘83 breakdancing shyt.

Of course, Dre was like he didn’t like it at all. I was like, "Give me 30 minutes to write to it.’ So I started writing. Once Dre came back in from a meeting, he heard the first verse, and was like, "Oh, we’ve got to finish this." When I finished the whole song, I didn’t have a hook—I just rapped straight through. Without 50 on the hook, the song just went straight through. Dre was like, "Nah, we’ve got to break up some of this shyt and write a hook."

So he called 50, and Fif came in and wrote the hook out. Then the shyt was so crazy, 50 wanted on the song. So, my second verse, he kind of took out—it was too many words—but he made it fit him. [The song] was all my verses. All 50 did was change it a little bit to fit him. Not his style, he just changed the words and took out a couple words. He ain’t really change much.

Mike Lynn: Obviously, [Game] didn’t write 50’s parts. 50 was involved from the beginning because it was one of those times when 50 came to town and was in the studio for about a week. It was Game and 50 doing the beat at pretty much the same time. It wasn’t like 50 had the joint and then just gave it to Game, and then took his verse off. That joint was pretty much all done in the same room. So it was like, "fukk it, let’s try and do this, do that," and 50 came up with the hook in that period of time. He had wrote the song, and then we had chopped it up, and added 50’s parts in there, and then he wrote the hook.

Angelo Sanders: “How We Do" was the single with that bullshyt video. Hype Williams didn’t even have a treatment for the video, he just free-wheeled it. At that time, for us to get a Hype Williams video, we just kinda had to shut up and twiddle our thumbs and support whatever he wanted to do. I think we spent $750,000 dollars on that fukking video and it was shyt. It was just a regular hip-hop video. We didn’t get no new video girls outta that. I ain’t see no explosions!”

Need a Ducctales smiley with Game's stupid screwed up frowning face on it