Rock I would like to see Max Martin work with George Clinton, Prince, Paul McCartney

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I know some of you will see this notion as absurd but this is obviously a dream assertion of mine that I have nowhere else to discuss because nobody will share a similar admiration for Max Martin's music.

I would really like to see what Max Martin would do with George Clinton, I think George would have a lot to throw at him so it would mostly be a session about organizing, a lot of ideas into a concise package. I believe this collaboration could yield a totally new sound for pop music, especially with the resurgence of funk

I would like to see him work with Prince . . I mean at this point I'm sure Max Martin could make it happen, there was that interview from 1998 in Time Magazine where he said he would like to work with Prince so why not make it happen? I think the only thing that would stop it would be Prince's ego but maybe that's toned down with age

I've made a post about this recently but Paul McCartney is rumored to be back in the studio and apparently he's going to be working with some of the producers that Adele worked with . . why not Max Martin? Paul McCartney's last #1 record was a collaboration with Michael Jackson in 1983 . . I see no reason why Paul McCartney shouldn't be outselling Adele today. Matter of fact, I feel like anytime Paul McCartney does something there should be a cease-fire in all-wars while soldiers from opposing sides join hands in a moment of comradely

I believe the songwriting styles of Paul McCartney combined with Max Martin's would be a very great match and who wouldn't want to work with Paul McCartney

#WallyWisdom

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Max Martin, I just finished reading this book, which talks a lot about his career. It's crazy how much he has shaped the landscape of pop music over the last 20 years. Great read for anyone interested.

41uvqsrV3HL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
The Lounge is where you find the Coli's advanced music purist.

Props on the thread. Was always a big fan of him. Had almost all the albums with tracks he laced back in the late 90's/early 2000's (the TRL influence was real).

He was the one man Stock Aitken Waterman of the 90's (but in lieu of 3 super producers... he usually concocted these gems on the dolo).

Was always a big fan of this tune... still gets major play in the whip. Windows down, speakers blaring... and i'm usually drunk as fidduck in the coupe but no damns given...

Where do you think my screen name originated from? LOL!)

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
The Lounge is where you find the Coli's advanced music purist.

Props on the thread. Was always a big fan of him. Had almost all the albums with tracks he laced back in the late 90's/early 2000's (the TRL influence was real).

He was the one man Stock Aitken Waterman of the 90's (but in lieu of 3 super producers... he usually concocted these gems on the dolo).

Was always a big fan of this tune... still gets major play in the whip. Windows down, speakers blaring... and i'm usually drunk as fidduck in the coupe but no damns given...

Where do you think my screen name originated from? LOL!)

I just feel like Max Martin and Paul McCartney often find themselves writing about the exact same subjects and the both of them are the two most prolific songwriters alive, so why not combine on some greatness for the world