If Digable Planets was a new group today, would they have the same success they had back in the day?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Nah, those days are long gone.

Digable Planets fell victim to coming out right when the culture shifted to drug, gang, violence promotion above all else.

Blowout Comb was a better album then their first, I call it a classic, but I didn't even know it came out when it dropped.

The album received very little promotion and this was from a group that was coming on the heels of a Grammy win.

Butterfly refused to conform and went extra militant, pro black, 5% on the second album.

Cacs wasn't feeling that at all, so they had to go.

:wow:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I don't know about today but I always thought 'Jettin' was a MUCH stronger record than 'cool like that'

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't know about today but I always thought 'Jettin' was a MUCH stronger record than 'cool like that'

I have always said that if they had dropped that as a single/video, they would've had another hit. Kinda surprised they performed it on Soul Train, because for whatever silly-ass reason, the label didn't put it out as a single.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
They could come out today. Lol, at they rap too well and they need triple hi hats comments.

They are actual perfect for the woke, alternative, jazz/neo soul scene we have of today. I could see them collaborate with artists/producers like Rapsody, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Joey BADA$$, J. Cole, The Internet, Anderson Paak, Robert Glasper, Terrace Martin, The Roots, Common, Childish Gambino, Phonte, Lupe Fiasco, Jay Electronica, Wale, BJ The Chicago Kid, Cool Kids, etc.