If Mayweather fought the same fight Canelo did vs GGG, he'd win a unanimous decision

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
GGG outboxed him in 10 of 12 rounds, that would never happen in a Mayweather fight.

He would win all the statistical categories as he always does. Canelo lost the most important one with a significant margin, so I don’t get where you are finding these Mayweather comparisons.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GGG outboxed him in 10 of 12 rounds, that would never happen in a Mayweather fight.

He would win all the statistical categories as he always does. Canelo lost the most important one with a significant margin, so I don’t get where you are finding these Mayweather comparisons.
Canelo been Floyd Jr since Floyd kicked his ass breh:skip:

kobe-laugh.gif

SN: And I waste time arguing with idiots here

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't think he's comparing the style. He's just saying if it was literally Mayweather's face on Alvarez that night but was still the exact same fight everyone would have him winning.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't think he's comparing the style. He's just saying if it was literally Mayweather's face on Alvarez that night but was still the exact same fight everyone would have him winning.
I get what he's saying but he's saying it as if Floyd wins when he's losing important statistics like number of landed punches with a wide margin (and about equal in power punches). He can't give us evidence of Floyd being close to that situation even. So how can he say that Floyd would win?

Even vs Canelo himself, everyone and their mother and her mother said Mayweather outclassed him in every possible way 12/12 rounds. Yet somehow, he didn't get a unanimous win. Same shyt with De La Hoya.

Last edited:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
If Floyd got hit as much as Canelo did in that fight I don't think he'd be doing well (especially a 39-40 year old Floyd). To give Canelo credit he can take a good shot. Floyd would be a lot more defensively responsible on top of just being a smarter, more tactical fighter but he's still in there with a legit World class Middleweight. I've always been a believer in Weight Classes. At some point, no matter how skilled you are size does become an overbearing issue.