I'm 25 and my workouts are already becoming :flabbyandsick:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
This is not the life I envisioned for myself brehs:damn::damn::damn: I need yalls help

So I've been feeling this way for almost a year now, but my 25th birthday is what really made it hit home for me.

My workout intensity, duration, quality, etc. has totally fallen the fukk off the last 2-3 years. :shaq2:I played ball in college where lifting was intense and mandatory, and since then I have lost 70% of my motivation. It's such a cop out but I'm still learning to balance working in an office then finding motivation to stay in the gym during free time.

Nowadays this is what a workout looks like for me:flabbynsick:

- Start with 10-15 minutes of medium intensity cardio work just to get my heart rate going.

- 3x15 of 3 different lifts, I superset them all together. I try to pick 2 muscle groups to focus on for the day, and do 3 different sessions of 3x15, making 9 lifts in total. I'll usually hop on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes between 3x15s to get my heart rate jumpin again, But really I usually dip out after my second 3x15:lolbron:

- If I make it to the end without fighting the urge to jump the gun on my post-workout blunt (:ahh:) then I'll try to rep out 5-10 good minutes of abs, but I don't even have the desire to do abs anymore since I can barely see mine anymore :sadbron:

This ain't the life I envisioned for the second half of my 20s brehs. I need your help. I miss the feeling of my body being a well oiled.... OK, decently oiled machine.

Now don't get me fukked up:whoa: I'm no whale or anything. I'm 5'10" and fluctuating between 175-185 pounds. Like I said I played ball in college where weight training was mandatory and more structured/intense. It's only natural that I fell off once I was no longer required to go hard 90 minutes every day.:francis:

On the surface, I guess haven't fallen off too bad. I Really haven't gained more than 4-5 pounds of fat since then, and when old friends see me they'll even ask if I lost some. I play it like a compliment, but deep down I know I'm a blobby shell of what I was :to:my weight hasn't changed because I've lost muscle and gained fat brehs.

This is where yall help me :

I really do need to get my shyt together. It's to the point where I count it as a huge success if I make it to the gym 4 days out the week.

I'd love if yall could share some interesting workouts with me or maybe something that you used to motivate yourself when you were going through a similar slump. The workout I described above is not only :flabbynsick: but it's also getting stale. I've been using that model for over a year, I think a new workout routine would reinvigorate me.

So when you're done laughing at my story of a body neglected, please help me try to get back to where I once was :salute:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You need to do a couple of things. One prob stop smoking if its fukking with your motivation (though it seems like there are a lot of people who smoke and lift). Two is to have some goals. If you are in doing the same weights day in and out you're not gonna make any progress. Your body is going to learn to move those weights more efficiently over time and you might even get smaller despite being as strong. Gotta get that diet locked down too.

First step I would say to get your spirits up would be to do a little cut. Try and drop 10lbs. Then make a plan to gain strength and put a little size on.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
You need to do a couple of things. One prob stop smoking if its fukking with your motivation (though it seems like there are a lot of people who smoke and lift). Two is to have some goals. If you are in doing the same weights day in and out you're not gonna make any progress. Your body is going to learn to move those weights more efficiently over time and you might even get smaller despite being as strong. Gotta get that diet locked down too.

First step I would say to get your spirits up would be to do a little cut. Try and drop 10lbs. Then make a plan to gain strength and put a little size on.

I'm diggin the advice my friend especially the bolded :salute: usually a good smoke is a post-workout that goes perfectly with a protein shake. But I can't cut a workout short for it, way too convenient of an excuse. When I was in college and had free lift days I actually loved working out blazed. It was therapeutic almost, I dunno what I was thinking cause I can't do that now.

What do you recommend as being conducive to a fat burning program? More cardio and maybe lighter weights more reps on my lifts?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

you mean the same weight size? He has to increase the weight to progress?

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Yea

It sounds like he just goes and goes through the motions. Gotta make gains and have a plan

This isn't even all the way off. I definitely go up in weight and enjoy seeing it get heavier, but overall the fun of chasing 'that number' on bench or squats has totally left me, I don't wake up at 5 in the morning determined to hit that number today or anything.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This isn't even all the way off. I definitely go up in weight and enjoy seeing it get heavier, but overall the fun of chasing 'that number' on bench or squats has totally left me, I don't wake up at 5 in the morning determined to hit that number today or anything.
Yea Im not crazy about #s either but I do like to keep going up if I can. U should either be dropping weight, getting stronger or happy w/where ur at.