Im sorry but let me remind you 2pac shot 5 cops

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Lewis Black, Oct 29, 2013.

1. kp404

kp404 Live Or Let Die Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Black Diaspora
    Coli Cash:
    $104649

Then we agree...I'm saying the exact same thing...people want to revise Pac's life after he died, but he what he was: a great rapper, and that's it. And in terms of revolutionary, I'm talking self-determination, black consciousness, and collectivized agency....I did not see that in Pac's music after me Against the World...he was self-aware, but he was not calling for the same thing as what I deem revolutionary

TrapHouse Rock dapped this.
  2. kp404

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Black Diaspora
    Coli Cash:
    $104649

This is the powerful Pac...imagine if he kept this style his whole career....imagine how powerful he would have been in '95

Nomad1 dapped this.
  3. Jone2three45

Jone2three45 Supporter Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $18416

That's my God of War, :to:

4. DaveyDave

DaveyDave New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Australia
    Coli Cash:
    $94500

this is the 2nd time i've heard someone say it was 5 cops where is this bullshyt coming from

kp404 dapped this.
  5. JuvenileHell

JuvenileHell New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $95000

Pac's legacy is solid, got folks erecting statues and studying his pen game. Son is just alone on his own tier :salute:

6. kp404

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Black Diaspora
    Coli Cash:
    $104649

first time I heard 2 cops, then no cops, then five cops....pac stans give this nikka more legends than John Henry or the Tooth Fairy

7. DaveyDave

DaveyDave New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Australia
    Coli Cash:
    $94500

it's always been 2, but the fact that they were off duty probably means they weren't in uniform so he didn't know they were cops, it was just 2 white guys harassing a black kid.

kp404 dapped this.
  8. ucanthandlethetruth

ucanthandlethetruth Who shot ya

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    planet of real hip hop
    Coli Cash:
    $65500

do yall grow azz men be serious:snoop: ........ fatherless

:wow:

fixed

9. Piff Perkins

Piff Perkins New Member

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $45929

I love when nikkas try to call out Tupac for being "fake" while totally ignoring the fact that he popped shots at the cops and got away with it. Whether Tupac got caught up playing a role he wasn't built for or not, the fact remains that he went all the way.

10. StillNotSoft

StillNotSoft We Global Status

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $115919

Eeeh I kinda feel what you saying. And If Pac had just sold out for monetary gain that would be one thing. But can you honestly say his music is not honest?his catalogue might be the only one that really reads like a book far as each album representing what his life was about at the time.

Whether you believe he bought it all on himself or not is irrelevant....the music reflects his life story as it went....u can be dissapointed he personally went off the path that you prefer he would've taken in life....but I don't see how some people can be upset his music took a turn when it only took a turn because his life did:heh:...its not like he popped with a certain type of song or pop record,gangsta rap song,chick songs and just changed his entire style of music up for profit....but I guess Cube,Nas and many more get the same criticisms...but its even a little more unfair in Pacs case imo...if u thought he was revolutionary at his debut don't see why people would think that was lost in him personally,whether music was on that tip or not.

11. Big Mark

Big Mark New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $95000

What a great guy and role model.

12. ucanthandlethetruth

ucanthandlethetruth Who shot ya

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    planet of real hip hop
    Coli Cash:
    $65500

real jewels dropped here:salute:

kp404 dapped this.
  13. MooseMouthMthafuga

MooseMouthMthafuga New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $95000

That's what I'm saying.Pac never changed his style, he just got sidetracked by some extortionist attempts, and had to fight back.

He basically laid out his life on them tracks.He never lost "consciousness"....In fact, I think Makaveli was his most conscious album.It wasn't intellectual or conceptualized, it was Pac in his most poignant state of self realization.Raw and visceral.It's just simple truths/being human.That was Pac's genius.As an artist,he understood the power of just simply being human

Even the premise of the thread is way off track.People are to busy going "I'm sick of people talking about this shyt, he aint gangsta:shaq2:"

When really, it's their own perspective that's warped.Just look at it....Pac didn't do that shyt thinking "I'll shoot these cops and get my street cred up"

He didn't even know they were cops.He just saw 2 white dudes harassing a black man and decided to come to the aid of another human being.That's not even gangsta, that's just some stand up, honorable shyt to do.

DaveyDave dapped this.
  14. StillNotSoft

StillNotSoft We Global Status

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $115919

Him stopping to help that man was definitly standup,but I gotta admit if he really shot em bcuz he was mad they busted the window out in his benz as his homie said I still :salute:

I don't mind somebody not seeing him as a revolutionary,but if you saw him as a revolutionary early on in his career I don't see why you would stop. Music just gives you a window into a artist mentality,I don't think Pacs mentality about his people changed much besides the bitterness towards black women after the rape case which he later admitted he was wrong to have.

He definitly didn't wanna be a leader and said he wasn't ready. But I think he definitly embraced the idea LATER towards the end of his career moreso than at the beginning despite what the music earlier in his career might have said just based off of interviews....seemed a lot more reluctant early on to embrace that role or talk about it like he did at the end. Dude seemed to have a lot of ideas and seemed excited about where he felt he could show nikkas and lead nikkas too. Shame he died as it just got to be ideas and not proven action. But that's really no different than music,so u can't believe he's a revolutionary when he rapped about revolutionary shyt. But he's no longer that because he only talked aboout it but not in rhyme form.:heh:

15. TrapHouse Rock

TrapHouse Rock New Member

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $95600

just a beautiful fukking post :wow:

there's a fukking spin or counterargument to anything that could even at its slightest be perceived as negative that 2pac may have done in his life

instead of the contradictory notion being what makes him human and great, he's this superhero god-like idol. not including the above post, the op who created the thread even called him his idol

@Method Man @Illeye buckmatic i think i figured out my stan wars thread vote :banderas:

before i get quotes hating on what i just said, 2pac is a great artist that made great music. everyone can make mistakes though :manny: yall worship the ground these rappers walk on and expect everyone to do the same

Nomad1, Method Man and Illeye buckmatic dapped this.