I'm watching this ''Stealing Africa'' documentary

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Stealing Africa - Why Poverty?

Rüschlikon is a village in Switzerland with a very low tax rate and very wealthy residents. But it receives more tax revenue than it can use. This is largely thanks to one resident - Ivan Glasenberg, CEO of Glencore, whose copper mines in Zambia are not generating a large bounty tax revenue for the Zambians. Zambia has the 3rd largest copper reserves in the world, but 60% of the population live on less than $1 a day and 80% are unemployed. Based on original research into public documents, the film describes the tax system employed by multinational companies in Africa.

First 10 mins in and I'm already :pacspit:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Education is important. All of those people in the Swiss village that voted to keep the money have no clue what's going on in Zambia. If they knew then perhaps the voting would have turned out differently.

Edit: I posted the video on r/Libertarian on reddit. I'm sure I will be downvoted to oblivion or get some unsympathetic replies. No one seems to care about black people there.

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont them.. Blame the idiots running our african countries.., they are willing to take crumb bribes while their people suffer and the companies make money

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont them.. Blame the idiots running our african countries.., they are willing to take crumb bribes while their people suffer and the companies make money

the leaders are propped up corporations in the first place

bottom line until black people engage in battle against the invaders, nothing will change, that is the truth

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla

So you are telling me if African leaders tell corporations that they will be taxed at 50% and only hire natives at European level salaries that these evil cacs will just accept it? :mjlol:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
So you are telling me if African leaders tell corporations that they will be taxed at 50% and only hire natives at European level salaries that these evil cacs will just accept it? :mjlol:

Cacs aren't the only ones with money to invest. It's not about black or white, if you allow yourself to be exploited you will be.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reviving this thread because I just watched the documentary.
Of course Marc Rich is dead now, after being pardoned by Bill Clinton (:pacspit:)
But the corruption is absolute madness, and its impossible to stop unless there is a combination of outside pressure from multinational organizations, the government of the state itself refusing to bow to the "investors," and international eyes on the case.
Heartbreaking to think about :snoop: