In Dubai, a ‘Good Vibes Only’ Approach to Climate Change

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An oil exec was leading the discussion? :mjlol:

We’re fukked. There is just too much money in fossil fuels for humanity to ever do anything about climate change. I mean electric cars in the U.S are largely fueled by electricity from coal.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We’re fukked. There is just too much money in fossil fuels for humanity to ever do anything about climate change. I mean electric cars in the U.S are largely fueled by electricity from coal.
i mean, its not just about money. fossil fuels reliably power our world in a massive way :dead:it's not like they're a bullshyt product getting undeserved credit

i don't have a problem with edging the market towards other sources, but the push to "just go out and buy an electric car" comes off as childish

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Solar, wind and battery are really ramping up and will rise exponentially in the coming years. That still doesn't mean anything if emissions don't start to decline. And we'll still need carbon capture and some form of geo-engineering to manage solar radiation. I think some pretty severe impacts of climate change are already locked in. Hopefully by the time it starts ramp society will be ready.