In honor of MLK day, my favorite MLK speech...

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
Yep. This is essentially the heart of the black struggle now. But black people can't even come together to accept this basic truth when the best of us congregate, so nothing will change. If you expect white America to ever right this wrong you'll die disappointed.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
related

Obama:
"I’m careful not to attribute any particular resistance or slight or opposition to race. But what I do believe is that if somebody didn’t have a problem with their daddy being employed by the federal government, and didn’t have a problem with the Tennessee Valley Authority electrifying certain communities, and didn’t have a problem with the interstate highway system being built, and didn’t have a problem with the GI Bill, and didn’t have a problem with the [Federal Housing Administration] subsidizing the suburbanization of America, and that all helped you build wealth and create a middle class — and then suddenly as soon as African Americans or Latinos are interested in availing themselves of those same mechanisms as ladders into the middle class, you now have a violent opposition to them — then I think you at least have to ask yourself the question of how consistent you are, and what’s different, and what’s changed."

Obama: Rethink your biases if you take issue with government helping minorities

• Dap
Reactions: Oso