Investing $100 a month can pay off in the long run

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Do apps like acorn and Robin Hood really make any money? Thinking about doing both

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
But everyone tells me to put my money in mutual funds....

this is the "old mentality" for our parents generation that didnt know better, essentially they was getting finessed

in general, you want passive funds with super low management fees

alotta mutual funds (after fees and expenses) were shown over the long run to not even beat the market.

index funds is the way to go. depending on your risk tolerance, probably load up on a buncha tech stocks and FANG

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do apps like acorn and Robin Hood really make any money? Thinking about doing both
What do you mean do they make money?

If you mean do you earn money from them, well it just depends on the stocks you pick and how well they do (Robinhood). Acorns is picking the stocks for you basically and I'm not really up on how they do it or what they pick so I couldn't tell you anything there.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
What do you mean do they make money?

If you mean do you earn money from them, well it just depends on the stocks you pick and how well they do (Robinhood). Acorns is picking the stocks for you basically and I'm not really up on how they do it or what they pick so I couldn't tell you anything there.
I mean is the return worth the effort if it’s just investing change