Is 5 times a week too much starting out as a beginner in boxing?

blqbird

I've been thuggin through my rainy days...
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I finally made the decision to stop procrastinating and sign up at Sugar Ray's gym down the street from me and was trying to figure out a training schedule beforehand. Since I work overnight, my days are always free and I wanted to make the most out of them. I'm just about to turn 20 so stamina and injury aren't concerns of mine. All feedback is appreciated.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
No, that's not too much. Keep track of the hours you put in, not how many days. Out of 5 days you should be putting in at least 10 hours (2 a day), then build up, depending on how far you really want to go. What does your training session look like?

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
It depends really, you could definitely go 5 times a week, but those 5 times don't necessarily have to be hardcore conditioning or bag work, pad work, sparring etc.

Lots of boxers/fighers go to the gym everyday because it creates a good habit of actually 'going to the gym'. If you go all the time, you'll invariably stick to a good training routine/regime and see real results. How's your conditioning? Getting fanatical about running of all types is always a huge benefit imo.