Is Canelo being screwed/underpaid by Golden Boy?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
dude is getting paid plenty. he's probably making 20 mil per fight. he gets whatever he wants from goldenboy. if he wasn't, he would just leave. they have absolutely no leverage on him whatsoever. he's the only fighter keeping their company alive.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Yea I noticed.
He basically has had two legit opponents in the last 4 yrs: Floyd and Lara. One fight which was completely 1 sided schooling and the other which he arguably lost too.
The rest of that resume is actually quite struggle when you account for the context of those matches
That's the problem of the "they fight anybody" narrative, it's base entirely off name recognition. Angulo, Cotto, Khan, and Kirkland all were war torn and/or shot when Canelo fought them. And Chavez and Liam are lower tier boxers
and how many boxers have fought better?

who has little g fought?....terrence crawford?....charlo?....thurman?.....floyd's last 4 opponents have been a washed up berto, maidana's struggle boxing ass(twice), and pacquiao. list me all these fighters in boxing with these great resumes....show me all these fighters in boxing who are taking on all comers and knocking off pound for pound kings one after another:pachaha:

lara just fought a corpse in yuri foreman but you aint bytching about it.

terence crawford's last 5 opponents have been molina, postol, lundy, jean, and dulorme......his best win was an over the hill gamboa....and crawford is 3 years older than canelo:mjlol:

canelo is younger than all these guys and still got a better resume. stop being a fairweather fan. you gonna call out canelo, call out everybody. canelo bout to fight the most "feared" man in boxing....and the resume will only get better:CaneloRejoice:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Canelo had his check for this fight threatened by that lawsuit he lost because they said his assets didn't even cover the 8 million dollar judgement.
He iddn't even have enough assets to cover 8 million dollars and if they gave him the whole check this fight he'd still be 3 mil short.
This is why I thnk they are fighting GGG more than anything else.
:wtf: :gucci:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
and how many boxers have fought better?

Off the top of my head: Ward,Tim Bradley,Lomo,Lamont Peterson,Leo Santo Cruz
probably all have better resumes with multiple risky fights against top contenders or champions in their prime
i said canelo had 2 worthy fights since 2013 so i'm highlighting his accomplishments
that being said, when looking at the CONTEXT of some of his recent fights....... they are trash :manny:
you trying clown Thurman but his last two fights have been better than any match up canelo has had in damn near 3 yrs :scust:
bringing up a bunch of other fighters who cherry pick or fight in weak divisions ain't really addressing my point about canelo
if you believe canelo resume since lara has been good then SAY THAT cause that's all i'm arguing against

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Off the top of my head: Ward,Tim Bradley,Lomo,Lamont Peterson,Leo Santo Cruz
probably all have better resumes with multiple risky fights against top contenders or champions in their prime
i said canelo had 2 worthy fights since 2013 so i'm highlighting his accomplishments
that being said, when looking at the CONTEXT of some of his recent fights....... they are trash :manny:
you trying clown Thurman but his last two fights have been better than any match up canelo has had in damn near 3 yrs :scust:
bringing up a bunch of other fighters who cherry pick or fight in weak divisions ain't really addressing my point about canelo
if you believe canelo resume since lara has been good then SAY THAT cause that's all i'm arguing against
ok so you're basing this on the last 3 years...lets go over the names you listed in the past 3 years

bradley: manny, rios, vargas, chaves :scust:

peterson: avanesyan, diaz, garcia, santana, jean :scust:

leo: frampton(twice), martinez, mares, cayetano, ruiz, roman :patrice:

ward: kovalev, brand, barerra, smith, rodriguez

every guy you named only fought 1-2 top tier guys over the past 3 years, but you only focus on canelo:jbhmm:.....this i show it is in ALL of boxing. if you can't admit that, you're just lying to yourself. NOBODY fights great opponents one after another. and yea thurman fought basic ass porter and danny, but what about before that?....his overall resume is still trash. you're talking about context but choose to ignore that canelo is 26 years old. by far younger than every guy you named. you're acting as if canelo is on the downside of his career. he hasn't even reached his prime yet and has already fought floyd, lara, trout, cotto, and now little g. when he's the same age as all the guys you listed, dude's resume is gonna be ridiculous. the only guy in boxing right now who i'd never compare canelo to is SOG. No active boxer even comes close to his overall resume in boxing. but aside from that...for a 26 year old fighter, canelo's resume is exceptional.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Those numbers are Canelo's minimum guarantee by Golden Boy which they have to report to the commission. He gets additional money from the other revenue streams. I think when all was said and done he earned $10-15 million for Mayweather and Cotto, and is expected to do so for JCC.
As far as minimum guarantee's go, Canelo is supposed to have one of the highest in boxing. With Floyd gone and Pacquiao's earning potential diminished, I would say Canelo is boxing's highest paid fighter.

Nah, that's Joshua now.

But the reason Canelo's money hasn't gone up is because his numbers haven't. He's been a solid PPV draw, but nothing extraordinary. This fight should have done some big numbers, and GGG is the biggest fight he had out. So his chance to be the rainmaker in the game is now. But I don't see anyone passing Joshua. He has so many money fights in front of him and the game is booming in the UK