Is Delta Airlines better than American Airlines?

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I fly Delta international whenever I can. From a international experience, the food, movies and customer service is better. Emirates is GOAT though for international flights though.

Asian airlines in general or Swiss is up there too.

Edit: in terms of frequent flyer programs: AAdvantage > Skypesos I mean er Skymiles

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
American Airlines is trizzzassh though rude people and no compromises ….

I used to take business trips to Canada and my employer exclusively used American Airlines. Their gates in Phoenix barely had any seats to sit in while you wait for your flight. :martin:

• Sad
Reactions: TEH

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny enough

Delta, American, and United airlines use the same planes and crew members especially in regional systems like the Midwest or East Coast, look up republic airways.....

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I mostly use American because they offer the cheapest flights out of Fresno and I have a lot of miles with them at this point but Delta is better. American always sends me through that shytty ass Dallas airport. Just got to New Orleans because American doesn't have mechanics on site. Should have been here 5 hours ago.:scust:

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Delta is my primary. I have an unhealthy amount of hatred for AA. Jetblue is my secondary, and i’d rather swim than fly spirit.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I mostly use American because they offer the cheapest flights out of Fresno and I have a lot of miles with them at this point but Delta is better. American always sends me through that shytty ass Dallas airport. Just got to New Orleans because American doesn't have mechanics on site. Should have been here 5 hours ago.:scust:

If Dallas is shytty then you've never been thru O'Hare, JFK or Dulles.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Delta now vs the other 2 legacies (United & American) is a big gap. American pre Bankruptcy & US Air merger was the Golden standard. But after they have struggled more the DL and UA. Just look at their stock prices vs the other 2. This despite being the largest airline in the world by multiple metrics.

Speaking of smaller carriers. Southwest whom were the customer service standard here in the U.S. in the 80s-00s, lost its mystique. They are overpriced and no longer a low cost carrier. I like 1st class too much to ever fly them anymore. But they still are the only carrier that still has free bags without holding their credit card. Virgin America before Alaska Airlines acquisition, was my favorite airline and goto when traveling domestic

Amongst the international carriers, nobody compares to Singapore Airlines, that gap is wide. Emirates for what it is is decent but your chancing it being hot boxed with a bunch of Indians transitingthru Dubai. I'd say Singapore, Qatar and Japan Airlines are the top 3 right now in the world

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Delta now vs the other 2 legacies (United & American) is a big gap. American pre Bankruptcy & US Air merger was the Golden standard. But after they have struggled more the DL and UA. Just look at their stock prices vs the other 2. This despite being the largest airline in the world by multiple metrics.

Speaking of smaller carriers. Southwest whom were the customer service standard here in the U.S. in the 80s-00s, lost its mystique. They are overpriced and no longer a low cost carrier. I like 1st class too much to ever fly them anymore. But they still are the only carrier that still has free bags without holding their credit card. Virgin America before Alaska Airlines acquisition, was my favorite airline and goto when traveling domestic

Amongst the international carriers, nobody compares to Singapore Airlines, that gap is wide. Emirates for what it is is decent but your chancing it being hot boxed with a bunch of Indians transitingthru Dubai. I'd say Singapore, Qatar and Japan Airlines are the top 3 right now in the world

Swiss airlines is up there as well, but they aren't the size of the ones you mentioned.