Is it me or there ain't no mid-range gyms out there?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This maybe a stupid question but do Blink fitness gyms have strength training machines/machine weights? Since money isn't an issue right now I've been thinking about joining either Planet Fitness or Blink, I would be using mainly the exercise Bike and the weight machines, I'm a newbie and like easy use of weight machines, so I don't care about dumbbells and Bench Pressing.

Also do the exercise bikes at either gym show how many miles you peddled? My goal is to peddle 5 miles a day.
Between Blink and Planet Fitness, do Blink.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This maybe a stupid question but do Blink fitness gyms have strength training machines/machine weights? Since money isn't an issue right now I've been thinking about joining either Planet Fitness or Blink, I would be using mainly the exercise Bike and the weight machines, I'm a newbie and like easy use of weight machines, so I don't care about dumbbells and Bench Pressing.

Also do the exercise bikes at either gym show how many miles you peddled? My goal is to peddle 5 miles a day.
the digital bikes do. and as a newbie you'd be much better served with free weights (as long as you have the right form). weight machines are ok in moderation, like mixed in with free weights, but they're :scust: if that's all you're using :no:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the More expensive gyms you're basically paying for the other amenities that most brehs don't use. (Yoga, spa, etc) with that being said lifetime fitness is the goat gym
Worked there for a few months.
It's a lifestyle gym to say the least, it's essentially a social club and a gym.
The women who go there too, :wow:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
big gyms are :camby:

i'm definitely into private gyms/training facilities. places with a few pieces of cardio machines, lots of weights, trx, ropes, tires, fake grass, etc.

images

Places like this help making cardio/conditioning boring AF. I hit the prowler this morning and it was a joyous torture.

Last edited:

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then you got Blink which is like $20 and gets crowded. There's dumbells but maybe just 2 squat racks if you're lucky, which double for use for bench press. And they're always occupied

if you in NYC try Richies gym in brooklyn. Hardcore gym and its not expensive. I use to go there in 2012

I'm at NYSC for the $20/month deal, but I hit up richies sometimes @$5 for a single day visit. They're opening up a Blink next to Ritchies. No benches tho but I'll check it out. Does anyone know what the free weights go up to at Blink? I know PF only goes up to 80lbs.

WVHhjvK.png

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Places like this help making cardio/conditioning boring AF. I hit the prowler this morning and it was a joyous torture.
i'm honestly never bored by my cardio because i avoid that boring shyt like stationary bikes (aside from spin class)/treadmills/ellipticals/stairmaster (go outside and walk/run some flights of stairs...wtf), etc as much as possible. i dont know how people find it in them to run/walk on treadmills/whatever for 30 mins-1 hr 3-5 times a week :scust:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i'm honestly never bored by my cardio because i avoid that boring shyt like stationary bikes (aside from spin class)/treadmills/ellipticals/stairmaster (go outside and walk/run some flights of stairs...wtf), etc as much as possible. i dont know how people find it in them to run/walk on treadmills/whatever for 30 mins-1 hr 3-5 times a week :scust:
I can't do 10 minutes on those machines.