Is Transgender-ism and Feminism Mutually Exclusive?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've wondered about this for a long time. :bpthink:

As I understand it, feminism calls for equality between men and women in social and economic matters, an idea that I wholeheartedly agree with. If a woman can do the same job that I can, there's no reason why she should get paid less than me.

We also need more women in historically male-dominated roles (scientists, mathematicians, programming/development, engineering, architecture, aeronautics, CEO's, etc.)

But doesn't feminism, at it's base, presuppose that there are distinct criteria that define what "men" are and what "women" are? If we're talking about making sure "men" and "women" are on a level playing field, how do we define those two groups?

What is the use for feminism if gender fluidity is a valid proposition? Is a trans-woman a "female"? What about the parts of feminism that concern the biological considerations of females? :bpohh:

Curious of everyone's thoughts.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There are body rights and gender identity rights.

but from my experiences, most feminist support LBTQ. Certainly in part because a lot of feminist are lesbians. Queens and T girls tend to rock with the movement. Same as with T boys.

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
Both of the movement's goals would result in a destruction of the importance of a straight male/ father figure.

The parallels that the groups try to draw between their movements and the civil rights from the 40's-80's are disgusting to say the least.

This last point is a bit of a hot take, but both gay rights and feminism seem to be very selfish at their core. It is about getting others to affirm what they are claiming to be. ..... You want to be independent? do it, but don't downplay the role that a traditional family system plays in the proper raising of a child. i'm no dr phil tho :francis:

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
OP you went wrong the moment you tried to inject logic into this discussion.

As it stands to TRULY be a modern day liberal you need to throw all logic out the window. I'M NOT EXAGGERATING.

The answer to your question is yes AND no. Meaning that it is mutually exclusive only if it hurts "the patriarchy" and it"s NOT mutually exclusive only if it hurts "the patriarchy".

Y'all think I'm full of shyt, huh?

Notice how very few if any prominent "feminists" are even attempting to insert such logical discussion into the arena.

Let me take it further. . . To be a modern day liberal is to literally be against humanity. There is no hyperbole here. Think about it. . . Liberals are anti-children to a large degree nowadays. They are anti property rights. Anti nuclear family. Anti freedom of speech. Liberals are now pro-ISIS in some instances. Pro-war to a degree nowadays. . . Liberals today are even corporatists to an extent. . .

For a liberal there is no God. There is no country. There is no family. There is no ownership. There is no discussion.

Liberalism is pro death. . . I wish you all would see it.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Liberals are anti-children to a large degree nowadays. They are anti property rights. Anti nuclear family. Anti freedom of speech. Liberals are now pro-ISIS in some instances. Pro-war to a degree nowadays. . . Liberals today are even corporatists to an extent. . ..
:manny:Nah, actually, liberals are just pro-"you're free to do what you want" while conservatives have become pro-"you should only be free to fit into a mold of my choosing."

Conservatives are against freedom and individual choice. They're extreme statists.:troll: